howdy

Dan39

Reaction score
hows it going folks!

got droid 2 global. think i will be rooting it with z4root tomorrow (from thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...root-custom-recovery-sim-unlock-tutorial.html). then setting up wifi/usb tether. plan on going to my uncles farm soon, and he only gets dial-up, so i figure using my phone net will be much faster

only problem is getting a signal out on farm haha... i can hardly get 3G in like one spot of the house. do they make antenna for droid?

i am experienced with computers and linux. been using archlinux for like 5 years now. do a tiny bit of programming, hope to be learning more soon :p

still have a lot to learn about droid stuff, i have like no idea about a lot of the stuff i am reading, like sdf, rsdlite, etc. which are not mentioned in the D2G root thread i plan to follow, so i am not worrying about them too much right now, i just want to get it rooted and get the tether working.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: glad you found us! be sure to check out the Droid Discussions section for all things Droid related, and then head over to our separate section devoted entirely to the D2 - tons of info, and plenty of people willing to help out. the "darkside" (rooting) is where all the cool kids hang out, too. ;)

jump in, get involved, don't hesitate to ask questions, and enjoy the ride! :)

OP
D

Dan39

Reaction score
You may want to check into a network extender.

only have dial-up.. and for $250 you'd have to be crazy haha

it seems there is a connector on the back of the phone under battery cover, and reports of some people hooking antenna into it, but according to verizon it is for their techs... so i dunno.

Last edited: