How to work tether

Jake1991

Reaction score
When I set up my tether and I try to connect to it with say an ipod touch, the ipod connects but when I try to use safari it doesnt work. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Are you rooted and using one of the rooted user tether apps, or are you using the Verizon HotSpot feature?

OP
J

Jake1991

Reaction score
Im using tether hence the.title. not the hot spot. And if its still necessary to mention, yes I am rooted.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What version of Wireless Tether are you using? What channel are you on?

DroidForums junkie!!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Im using tether hence the.title. not the hot spot. And if its still necessary to mention, yes I am rooted.

If it wasn't necessary, I wouldn't have asked....:dry:

Now, with the snottiness out of the way...

If you are using Wireless Tether for Root Users, my first thing to do, is make sure to start, that Access Control is Disabled. Do this to make sure that the app is actually working and you can connect and surf. If it does, then go into Menu of the app--->Set up--->and double check all the settings to see if they are what you need. You may have to change the passphrase or even set a pass phrase or change the Channel. It shouldnt take too much to get the iPod working.

If all else fails, go on the maket and snag Barnacle...some people seem to have better luck with it...YMMV...

OP
J

Jake1991

Reaction score
I had it on the default channel (1) but I had access control on. I just turned it off. I don't actually have the ipod with me right now but could that have been the problem? The access control part?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I had it on the default channel (1) but I had access control on. I just turned it off. I don't actually have the ipod with me right now but could that have been the problem? The access control part?

Yes...I have noticed when I use the tether app, if I am just using the "open" connection, if Access Control is "ON", it will not let me connect. But, if I turn AC "off", then connect, then turn AC back "on"...I run smooth as glass...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! I had to put mine on channel 6 for it to work correctly.

Yes...I have noticed when I use the tether app, if I am just using the "open" connection, if Access Control is "ON", it will not let me connect. But, if I turn AC "off", then connect, then turn AC back "on"...I run smooth as glass...

DroidForums junkie!!