How to work Minimalistic Text App?

DroidJ

Reaction score
ok, so i'm trying to get battery, date, clock widget in minimalistic, blah blah blah. i'm trying to get the battery widget but it looks like
{1020304050..}, but the numbers are sideways in the vertical option. i want to get it like
{10
50...},
but i don't know how to get it set up the way i like. can everyone give a tutorial or something?

thanks in advance

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Nevermind lol, I guess I didn't read your whole post. I'll mess around with it and if I figure it out I'll let ya know.

**Edit: I don't think it's possible with Minimalistic Text because it won't let you make the widget take up enough grid squares on the homescreen.

jt122333221

Reaction score
Nevermind lol, I guess I didn't read your whole post. I'll mess around with it and if I figure it out I'll let ya know.

**Edit: I don't think it's possible with Minimalistic Text because it won't let you make the widget take up enough grid squares on the homescreen.

I'd like to point out that this is false... You can go into the Minimalistic Text Widget preferences and change the direction of the widget. The way he is wanting is with the Widget Direction setting to be left-right. This will make it appear like this:

I also have my Day of the Week bar set up this way.

Since we are on this subject.... Does anyone know how to get the numbers to "Glow" like they do in the picture below? I have the "Forest" background that shows the weather/temp outside if you tap it, etc, and the Droid Bionic's color scheme is more of a dark blue, but I want like an "electric" blue for the pieces I want emphasized. Anyone have any insight on this?

https://ssl.gstatic.com/android/market/de.devmil.minimaltext/ss-480-1-7

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I'd like to point out that this is false... You can go into the Minimalistic Text Widget preferences and change the direction of the widget. The way he is wanting is with the Widget Direction setting to be left-right. This will make it appear like this:

I also have my Day of the Week bar set up this way.

Since we are on this subject.... Does anyone know how to get the numbers to "Glow" like they do in the picture below? I have the "Forest" background that shows the weather/temp outside if you tap it, etc, and the Droid Bionic's color scheme is more of a dark blue, but I want like an "electric" blue for the pieces I want emphasized. Anyone have any insight on this?

https://ssl.gstatic.com/android/market/de.devmil.minimaltext/ss-480-1-7

That was like 5 months ago lol.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

jt122333221

Reaction score
That was like 5 months ago lol.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

Lol I know, i was just replying to it. I just actually found minimalistic text and have been trying to find a good tutorial as to how to use it with Tasker and some of the different things you can do with them... Know anything like that?

Beka27

Reaction score
Hi JT...

By glow do you mean colors surrounding the words? Like how i have Wednesday?

If so, go to the desired text style, select a blur radius (bigger radius = more glow), and then choose "outer"...

"Inner" dims the inside of the words (like i have the other text.)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1316614559790.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1316614559790.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 2,715
  • uploadfromtaptalk1316614662414.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1316614662414.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 774
  • uploadfromtaptalk1316614799705.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1316614799705.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 643

jt122333221

Reaction score
Kind of. I was messing with it last night and got the "glow" that I was looking for. I ended up using a solid blur style with a pixel radius of 8 - it came out to be exactly what I wanted :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

feralicious

Reaction score
Hi JT...

By glow do you mean colors surrounding the words? Like how i have Wednesday?

If so, go to the desired text style, select a blur radius (bigger radius = more glow), and then choose "outer"...

"Inner" dims the inside of the words (like i have the other text.)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
I realize this thread is old, but I have to ask... what icons are those on your home screen?