How to turn off car dock software?

Meathead40

Reaction score
Anyone know how to turn off the car dock software?

In other words, when I put my droid in the car dock, I would rather the phone NOT automatically fire up the car dock navigation, but just leave it on the screen it was at...

Anyone have any ideas on how to turn that behavior off?

rjax

Reaction score
Rooting (even with the SholesMod Updater) lets you do this, but I, too, would be interested in hearing how to prevent this without rooting.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wanted to do this for a long time myself and never heard of a way to disable it. Now that I rooted last night with Sholes, it was an option, so maybe rooting is the only way.

Jer

Reaction score
Is there a way to set it to AutoKill somehow? I don't feel like paying a buck for this but I also would like it gone. I plan to root this week so it's not worth the buck for me.

adamsinger77

Reaction score
Cardock is an alternative car home app that works for me. Car home still runs in the background but when pressing the home key cardock runs. It let's you have what ever icons you want on the screen. Also its got a nifty screen saver feature where you can have a widget dance around the screen.

Jer

Reaction score
I rooted my phone a while back & chose to not even install. Problem solved & works flawlessly.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
see, i do use the car app so i didn't want to uninstall it. i just took the magnet out of the dock. nothing to trigger it, so no auto car dock ;)

if i want to use it, i just pull open the app drawer

Jer

Reaction score
see, i do use the car app so i didn't want to uninstall it. i just took the magnet out of the dock. nothing to trigger it, so no auto car dock ;)

if i want to use it, i just pull open the app drawer

For me it's the other way around, I need the magnet to trigger car mode so that I can have apps enable/disable my bluetooth but don't want the stupid car mode screen to come on. So when I rooted I uninstalled the stupid car mode and I'm all good now. :icon_ banana:

winner21

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for discussing on this topic turning off the car dock software from our car. For this I have consulted a car mechanic and he advised me how to turn off my car dock software.
Thanks for sharing!!

Jer

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for discussing on this topic turning off the car dock software from our car. For this I have consulted a car mechanic and he advised me how to turn off my car dock software.
Thanks for sharing!!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Great first post.

mark1lefebvre

Reaction score
my phone not only goes to car dock mode but when i make a call it automaticaly turns on the speaker phone. This is the second htc inspire this has happen on. I sent the 1st one in for a replacemet. both phones lasted about a month.