Car Dock Menu

cruzincat

Reaction score
I remember when I first got my Droid, setting it to go into the Car Dock menu when it was placed into the car dock. I never use it and always just hit Exit. Anybody know how to turn it off permanently?

REMilk

Reaction score
I remember when I first got my Droid, setting it to go into the Car Dock menu when it was placed into the car dock. I never use it and always just hit Exit. Anybody know how to turn it off permanently?

Cut open the car dock and remove the magnet.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I don't have a functional D1 anymore, but I remember, at least I think I do, that the car dock had an app under the app drawer, maybe clearing this as default?

This is just a guess.

roorat

Reaction score
Agree. Mine was constantly going into Car Dock mode because of the magnet closure on my case:-(. I was forever having to exit the app. I never use Car Dock and wish it was an app I could disable permanently.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Derekweb

Reaction score
Buy tasker. When you go into car mode, it will let you select car dock or tasker. Choose tasker as the default. after that, if you do not want to use tasker, just turn tasker off. Then you will never see car dock again.

droidreajoh

Reaction score
Buy tasker. When you go into car mode, it will let you select car dock or tasker. Choose tasker as the default. after that, if you do not want to use tasker, just turn tasker off. Then you will never see car dock again.

Thanks Derek, I hate the D3 cardock!