How to Theme for Sourcery & Theme Discussions

gambit07

Reaction score
Any chance we could see a port of Incognito? I believe Jason6g ported this version but I think it was originally done by bgill if I'm not mistaken.

Attachments

• incognitof.jpg
    incognitof.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 260

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Any chance we could see a port of Incognito? I believe Jason6g ported this version but I think it was originally done by bgill if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, Incognito was first done by bgill55 ... I know he stopped theming for D1 (I believe he moved on to the DX), but maybe you could get with bgill55 (or skurtz1313, think he's on bgill's team) and see if he would give permission to port over to sourcery.

LdaSense420

Reaction score
are certain themes suppose to take a long time to load? im tryin to use the luna theme but its been like 15 minutes...

listenman20

Reaction score
are certain themes suppose to take a long time to load? im tryin to use the luna theme but its been like 15 minutes...
should be able to see d/l progress if not then yuo need to install terminal emulator

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

A lot of people have had trouble loading the luna theme this is because it is a few mbs bigger than the other themes and many people don't have enough system memory to load the theme so i would try uninstalling some system apps and trying again and if you still have problems let us know and stop by the irc (#sourcery)

darkmatter

Reaction score
should be able to see d/l progress if not then yuo need to install terminal emulator

is there a certain terminal emulator? or any should work? I installed one, and no progress bar. And its taking so long to get/change a theme I've given up on trying for now. ie, that Magic Happening! window is open for so long that I just press home button to get out of it.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's set up to download terminal if it's not found so that shouldn't matter ur problem is much deeper than that please stop by the irc #sourcery for support and help with ur problem as we'll need more information from u. We're sorry about this sometimes there are little bugs like this that usually have easy solutions. But before stopping by when u start downloading do the 3g arrows show activity? And are u on 1.3?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

darkmatter

Reaction score
heading off to work, so can't stop by that irc right now.
but I installed terminal (even that one within the sourcery options) still no download bar. I turned off wifi, so I could see if 3g is lighting up when trying to get a new theme, and it doesn't light up.

Its not like the whole thing is broken, just not getting new themes, so no biggie. This is the first rom I've run since rooting(I waited til I was due an upgrade before rooting, lol) But now I'm perfectly happy waiting until the perfect replacement comes along (like a droid3, heh)

*edit
Is there a way to d/l the theme on my pc then stick it somewhere to get it running? I've been looking around here, and poked around the sd card, couldn't find anything that looked like it would do it.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
but I installed terminal (even that one within the sourcery options) still no download bar. I turned off wifi, so I could see if 3g is lighting up when trying to get a new theme, and it doesn't light up.

Its not like the whole thing is broken, just not getting new themes, so no biggie. This is the first rom I've run since rooting(I waited til I was due an upgrade before rooting, lol) But now I'm perfectly happy waiting until the perfect replacement comes along (like a droid3, heh)

*edit
Is there a way to d/l the theme on my pc then stick it somewhere to get it running? I've been looking around here, and poked around the sd card, couldn't find anything that looked like it would do it.

Not too sure why you're having issues but in the meantime get you theme fix from here: Sourcery ROM

segdoh49

Reaction score

*edit

as far as I know (which isn't too much) when I download a theme it puts it on your SD as an update.zip. After it downloads to your phone it boots into recovery( mine usually makes the screen go dark and i have to hit the power button) in recovery you have to install the update.zip as you normally do with any other update.zip. It should stay on your card until you load another theme (which will over-write the previous) I would say if you wanted to save it on your computer all you would have to do any is mount your SD card and save the update.zip Then you should rename it to the Theme name on your PC. Other than that I don't know too much...
But I do know you don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

darkmatter

Reaction score
Got everything working. I'm digging the Luna theme so far.

Sent from my Sourcery using Tapatalk

105wrx

Reaction score
For some reason themes are not working. Tried changing multiple time and it keeps saying it is unsuccessful. I came from 1.3 to 2.0....

105wrx

Reaction score
^Yep seemed to fix everything...only thing is this new update seems to run a bit hotter..everything else looks good.