how to stream video from home?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol. Opera does have a finicky log in butyou said you also managed to log in with sky fire?
Yeah, I was able to log in to Skyfire Mycast.orb.com, but couldn't get it to do crap!!...lmao... same issue I had the last time I tried it IIRC.
OperaMini just needs a firm tap to work, not screen breaking firm, but firm nontheless... it's working great for TV and video... Why don't you just make those MKV files h.264 encoded MP4s?...then it should be picked up bu OperaMini AFAIK.. I'm converting a M2TS file to h.264 MP4 right now to see how good OperaMini plays it.
Microrb: it must be fairly new. Failed media update twice. I have a lot of video files. I might need indexing.

I think Microsorb failed me at least twice before it eventually worked. I don't think I did anything in particular to get it work, it just did. Maybe I backed out of the app after each failure, may have even restarted my Droid once. I've got a couple hundred videos and thousands of songs, and eventually it got them all.
While Microsorb did do fine, it still did not see my MKV file... nor my M2TS files... and being that it cannot stream live TV and doesn't play better streaming video than OperaMini, it's not really useful to me...but thanks for mentioning it.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Couldn't find xScope

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently wrote up a tutorial here that you can read that uses DVDcatalyst or Handbrake to encode the movie and Tversity to stream the file to your Droid or any other Android phone.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...quality-video-android-tversity-nswplayer.html

Also I discovered that using Microsorb with Orb 2.0 instead of 2.5 works 10x better than using 2.5 with a browser. Just make sure when you install 2.0, open the Tray Manager and select Configurations, then Advance and then Codecs. Under there, make sure FFDShow is selected because that currently is the best for transcoding movies on Orb.

Other than that, you wont get anything better quality on Orb than that due to framerate limit in Orb's software which they are refusing to fix or change.