How to set different Notification sounds?

spyder560

Reaction score
Is it possible to set different notification sounds - 1 for text, 1 for new voicemail, etc?

It seems there's only one section under Settings for all Notification sounds.

hardcore.mike

Reaction score
in my experience, android is a little weird in this department.

i made a folder on my sd card called "notifications" and anything i placed in it appeared when i went to settings>sounds & display>notification ringtones.

but for some reason, when i selected a custom one for texts, it didnt work. ill spare you the details, but i went pretty in depth trying to fix the problem and finally found the solution. just bare with me, ill get to your question soon enough.

to fix the problem i was having, i went into messaging>options>settings and in the notification settings, i was able to pick the one i wanted and it works!

so the answer to your questions is yes...the settings>sounds & display>notification ringtones will set the sound for your VM.

to change the sounds for your email, just go to your gmail/email inbox options>settings>notification settings (you can have a different sound for "gmail", and one for "email", not sure if you can set up different ones for seperate accounts in "email" ie; aol, yahoo, hotmail).

good luck.

cheers

mike

Last edited:

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
App called missed call can do it all. Set tone, vibration, led color.

BiGJaYDROID

Reaction score
yes missed call by anno is simply the best way to accomplish this with ease and it is free in anroid market.