Notification Sounds help

GreekPower

Reaction score
Is there anyway I can load up sounds I want to be my notification verses the OEM sounds. I really hate all the factory ones. I have the sounds I want in a bunch of formats but when I put them on the sdcard and try to move them to the file on the phone called "notifications" I get the "can not copy" so how do I add the sounds I want for notifications? Ideally I'd like to have a bunch of different sounds set for things like facebook,download complete, SMS/MMS, email etc etc please help me

mjs31

Reaction score
Is there anyway I can load up sounds I want to be my notification verses the OEM sounds. I really hate all the factory ones. I have the sounds I want in a bunch of formats but when I put them on the sdcard and try to move them to the file on the phone called "notifications" I get the "can not copy" so how do I add the sounds I want for notifications? Ideally I'd like to have a bunch of different sounds set for things like facebook,download complete, SMS/MMS, email etc etc please help me

There is a free app in the market called Tone picker. This allows you to use any mp3 or whatever you have as your ring tone, notification or whatever. When you load it up and then go to change your notification, ringtone etc...it will give you the option to use tone picker. Select it and then just pick what you want to use.

There are other ways of using different tones, but this is a very easy way to do it.