Way to Restory Factory Notification Sounds?

Sean22

Reaction score
Hi folks,

In the process of erasing all the music on my Droid, I also wiped out my entire notifications folder - losing all sounds (alarm clock, SMS notification sounds, etc.).

Does anyone know of a way to restore these? Or would anyone be willing to post those sounds as a zip file?

Thanks very much.

-Sean

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

In the process of erasing all the music on my Droid, I also wiped out my entire notifications folder - losing all sounds (alarm clock, SMS notification sounds, etc.).

Does anyone know of a way to restore these? Or would anyone be willing to post those sounds as a zip file?

Thanks very much.

-Sean

Well, you would remove the music by deleting it from your SD card or just copy the files if you want to restore it later to a computer. But your notifications, any custom ones would have to be deleted individually. Problem is I'm not quite sure where they are kept.

I use ringdroid so for me I would just open that up and delete the ringtones I created. Your's I'm not sure. I do now that even if you do a factory data reset the ringtones don't disappear. They won't be the default but they would still be there.

You may try a hard factory data reset. I've never done one but that might remove your non standard notifications.

OP
S

Sean22

Reaction score
Thanks. At this point, all I'm looking to do is get those factory sounds back on my SD card. I accidentally erased all of them from my PC and SD card. I'm not worried about any custom notification sounds or tones.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks. At this point, all I'm looking to do is get those factory sounds back on my SD card. I accidentally erased all of them from my PC and SD card. I'm not worried about any custom notification sounds or tones.

Oh, well that's easy. Settings/privacy/factory data reset. That will bring the whole phone back to it's original settings.

Three is no other way to restore default sounds.

OP
S

Sean22

Reaction score
That did the trick. Thanks for the help.