How to select the right mAh portable battery charger?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
You are correct, and I didn't mean for my post to sound like I was discounting your comment. Perhaps you missed my comment further on... "The previous post was a good explanation.", referring you your post.....

its all gud :)
i tend to be more technical, what i stated was acquired from my profession and past experience.
i mainly recommended shorter charges to keep the heat and stress on the host battery at a minimum.
the benefits you stated and your link provides good reasons as well.

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
I ended up getting the New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 which is an 11000 mAh charger. It works great. So far I've done three charges from ~33% to 100% which have taken ~ 2hrs each (although they reach 90% in about 1 hr). There are three led lights on the charger to tell you how full it is and they are still all still lit up so I'm sure I'll have plenty of charges left.

The current model does not have two ports, one at 1A and one at 2A. It only has a 1A port, although I understand that will be changing soon. the 2A port is better for charging iPad tablets, which I don't have and don't plan on getting. However, as an fyi, the reviews I read have plenty of people with iPad 2 devices who are charging them on the 1A port without problems. But, like I say, I think they will be changing this to a two port model soon.

I'm very happy with it. :biggrin:

kwaka

Reaction score
So I have just found a solar powered battery pack, is this recommended if heat is bad for the battery?
I do a lot of driving and had thought it would be great to have this on the dash recharging its self.

Im not sure if im allowed to post links to the product so I will just paste some details:
7800mAh High Power Solar Battery Pack with 7 adaptor tips which can charge all your electronic gadgets, wherever you are.

Charge most of today’s portable electronics such as your iPad, iPhone, iPod, Samsung, HTC, Sony, Motorola Phones/tablets, GPS navigator, MP3 Player, and others with this ultra portable 7800mAh Solar Charger Battery Pack. This way, you’ll never have to worry about having a dead phone battery. On top of that, a blue LEDs display the amount of power left in the battery pack.

7 Adaptor tips and a USB cable are provided when purchasing this solar power bank but this battery back will also function when plugging in your own USB cable. Thanks to 2 USB ports, you will be charging up to 2 devices at the same time and because this battery pack is powered by the sun, you’ll never run out of juice again!

Solar Panel Type: Monocrystalline
Battery Size: 7800mAh
Input Voltage: 5V/1A
Output Voltage: USB1 DC 5V / 1.0A, USB2 DC 5V / 1.5A
Power Source: Micro USB or Solar Panel
Charging Time: 6 to 8 Hours (By USB Port)