How to search e-mail?

AurelioS

Reaction score
Trying to do this for my corporate/Yahoo acc'ts - any suggestions?

Would greatly appreciate it if someone can help, by telling me either 1) how to set it up (if possible), or 2) what the best app would be to install for this purpose.

Everytime I use the search function, the browser pops open and pulls up Google on the web... not exactly what I was looking for ;-)

Using a Droid, via Verizon.

Thanks in advance!
Aurelio

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trying to do this for my corporate/Yahoo acc'ts - any suggestions?

Would greatly appreciate it if someone can help, by telling me either 1) how to set it up (if possible), or 2) what the best app would be to install for this purpose.

Everytime I use the search function, the browser pops open and pulls up Google on the web... not exactly what I was looking for ;-)

Using a Droid, via Verizon.

Thanks in advance!
Aurelio

I found this in the FAQ. It's a video. Don't know if it helps you.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/3276-motorola-droid-how-setup-yahoo-email.html

OP
A

AurelioS

Reaction score
Re: Email search

Thanks, but I don't need help in setting it up - it's already working.

What I am asking for is help in how to SEARCH e-mail; be it Yahoo, or any account. I have 3 accounts set up on the phone (corporate, Yahoo and Gmail of course). I don't know how to search for an older message inside one fo the accounts...

Thanks anyway!
Aurelio

Fireguy551

Reaction score
This is an awesome question that I would like answered as well. It seems that the email app that comes with the droid does not have a search feature. This is a pretty big miss as far as I am concerned.

OP
A

AurelioS

Reaction score
Re: Email search

Agreed... hopefully someone out there knows about an app that can help with this?

Thanks ~
Aurelio

Fireguy551

Reaction score
Agreed... hopefully someone out there knows about an app that can help with this?

Thanks ~
Aurelio

I did some digging and the app touchdown fills in all the gaps that the native email app for droid doesn't have. It has filters, search and will push your email to your phone. too bad it costs $20. In my opinion you shouldn't have to pay for something the phone should already have. I will probably break down and buy it after my 5 day trial.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Thanks ~
Aurelio

I did some digging and the app touchdown fills in all the gaps that the native email app for droid doesn't have. It has filters, search and will push your email to your phone. too bad it costs $20. In my opinion you shouldn't have to pay for something the phone should already have. I will probably break down and buy it after my 5 day trial.

It's worth every penny of the $20..... And if the app fills a need.....buy it. :icon_ banana: