[How To:] Root Your Droid 3

dracos

Reaction score
The same thing happen to me and I just thought I messed up while rooting. I havent rebooted since I froze the bloatware so I dont know if I will lose root upon reboot again.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
The same thing happen to me and I just thought I messed up while rooting. I havent rebooted since I froze the bloatware so I dont know if I will lose root upon reboot again.

I have rebooted, and still have root.

LT*

Reaction score
I don't think you're supposed to reboot until you move the two files Woodyman provided to the appropriate folders. Unless you did that, then I'm no help.

dracos

Reaction score
I don't think you're supposed to reboot until you move the two files Woodyman provided to the appropriate folders. Unless you did that, then I'm no help.

Well thats the thing I rebooted after finishing all the rooting steps, after the reboot root was gone so I will try rebooting again and see if it sticks this time.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Does this work on the Droid X2 with Android 2.3.3?
I am referring to the 1Click Method.

Johnnyb

Reaction score
There are several one-click methods out there but the one I used did report working on the DX2. I used the one referenced earlier in this thread...I think it was from RootzWiki.

EDIT: One-Click method that worked for me.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
For those of you having ADB problems with the manual method, you still have to turn on USB debugging on your phone (any android phone) for ADB to be able to work with it. Also, I wouldn't use any version later than v6 since they changed a bunch of stuff making it harder to work with. I also have a file called "proxoid.exe" that contains just adb.exe and the .dll file if you want to do a totally stripped down install of ABD.

Now don't forgtet to install busybox one way or another . . . .

FinalTrigger

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just did the one click method from Rootzwiki (link was given previously) it worked flawlessly. Thanks...now all we gotta figure out is if theres a way to unroot the phone. Only because i have insurance on the phone :icon_evil:

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just did the one click method from Rootzwiki (link was given previously) it worked flawlessly. Thanks...now all we gotta figure out is if theres a way to unroot the phone. Only because i have insurance on the phone :icon_evil:

Wouldnt a factory reset do the trick?

dazoe

Reaction score
to unroot, you just need to change anything you changed back to the way it was then remove SuperUser.apk, su, and busybox

AllieBaba

Reaction score
Soooo if u root your phone and it has insurance what happens?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

FinalTrigger

Reaction score
I know this is a very noob/stupid question. Ok so since my phone is now rooted and superuser is installed. Ive been told to download rootmanager. What do i do now? lol. If anyone can send me a PM to not disrupt this thread id appreciate it. I do appologise for the stupid question. Im just very excited to finally have root on my droid.