how to root motorola bravo, no unknown sources button

katieb

Reaction score
ever since my droid updated a couple weeks ago, I'm unable to root it. I've tried a few things but none work because it won't allow me to DL from an unknown source. However, the option to check 'allow from unknown source' isn't even available anymore since the update. any way I can root my phone?!?!? I have a Motorola Bravo - Android 2.2.1. help is greatly appreciated!

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
This is mainly a verizon android community and this in particular is for the D2 not the Bravo. You would have better luck on attdroids or modmymobile. There probably is a hack to enable this but I couldnt say. I know this has plagued all the ATT android phones until now, they are finally releasing phones with out this limitation.

ahC_hED

Reaction score
Try gingerbreak...i think it roots some instances of froyo. Also, look into sideloading. AT&T disables this but it can be enabled through adb. Sorry not much help, but good luck.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Try gingerbreak...i think it roots some instances of froyo. Also, look into sideloading. AT&T disables this but it can be enabled through adb. Sorry not much help, but good luck.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Usually the devs come up with a flashable zip to add the option back in to the settings. No need for adb.