How to root droid 2.2 with out rsdlite

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As long as you are on frg01b it will root it, then you will need rom manager or droid mod to gte a recovery image. Rom manager for clockwork and droidmod for sprecovery.

elyshalynn

Reaction score
As long as you are on frg01b it will root it, then you will need rom manager or droid mod to gte a recovery image. Rom manager for clockwork and droidmod for sprecovery.

Where can I find Droidmod? I looked in the market and couldn't find it. I've never heard of it before either, is it new? Only reason I'm asking is cuz I've read around here that some people have been having problems with Rom manager since the 2.2 update and i'd like to avoid as many problems as possible.

Nick177th

Reaction score
First, I understand the article is talking about the original Droid. But will the Universal Androot work on more than just the Droid 1?

Also, I have a DroidX so most of this isn't for me, but my brother-in-law has a Droid 1 and wants me to 'tinker' with it. I want to give him a lean and fast custom rom. Which would be the best. He wants his phone to be fast (overclocked), no bloatware and clean looking. Any suggestions?

Universal Androot works on a number of devices. If you go to the website, it lists many of them.

fiver643

Reaction score
Step 1: Boot into SPRecovery
Power down the Droid completely.
While holding “X” on the physical keyboard, hold the power button to turn on the phone. You may let go of the power button, but do not let go of X.

when i get to this step a yellow triangle with a explanation mark appears with a phone next to it. what does that mean? and how do i fix it?
thanks

MrEWorm

Reaction score
Please let us know when this will work for FRG22D. Can you say Wifi hotspot?

fiver643

Reaction score
Step 1: Boot into SPRecovery
Power down the Droid completely.
While holding “X” on the physical keyboard, hold the power button to turn on the phone. You may let go of the power button, but do not let go of X.

when i get to this step a yellow triangle with a explanation mark appears with a phone next to it. what does that mean? and how do i fix it?
thanks

can anyone help me with this?

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Just tried both Universal Androot and DroidMod Updater 12, unsuccessful. I just upgraded to FRG22D last night. I'm running a Mac OSX (I have Windows Vista on Boot Camp, but I want to keep it on my Mac, I don't trust Windows at all), which is why I like this thread, except that I wasn't able to do it. Anyone know any options to root my Droid?

1) I thought about going back to 2.2 FR01 then doing this, but I don't know how to do that, or where that "OTA" zip would be, or if its possible to go backwards with stock OS's.
2) Is there a program or simple instructions like this exact thread, that tell me how to root my Droid (with the FRG22, or a combo of this and one).
3) Or if there are any other programs like this, or when UAndroot will be able to, that can root FRG22 just by downloading a program on the phone?

Any information at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

fiver643

Reaction score
i rooted using universal androot. the root worked fine. but i cant do any backups/recovery because i have a certain "bootloader 2c7c". so i guess im going to unroot and go the RSDlite way. i just dont have a windows pc lol

moon shah

Reaction score
Google and Motorola just released official Droid Froyo update, change your Droid to factory settings and wait for Motorola OTA update, it will fix your problem

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fortunately for everyone, the process takes a simple click rather than that long drawn out RSD Lite process we had to run through during the 2.1 days.
Long drawn out process? I guess my droid is showing its age, and getting gray around the edges. RSDlite was simple process cmpared to how we used to have to do it, pre 2.1 days. :icon_ banana: