How to return to .905 and official OTAs

krucifyd

Reaction score
My wife and i have experienced many bugs with .244. Hers have been very different from mine. We are both running on Bionic. Mine is also rooted with G Now installed. Most of the bugs are related to using HD media docks and car docks.

With the hopefully soon official release, we just want to return to the current official GB and wait for ICS official OTA.

Is this as simple as just flashing .905? If so, where can i find the file? Or is there more that needs to be done? Also need to be unrooted when we are finished.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
.244 can't return to .905, you are stuck where you are for now. If you are having issues, try factory resetting the device completely (including formatting internal storage).

Any leak above/beyond .232 is unable to flash back to .902/.905.

OP
K

krucifyd

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong, i just looked at the settings, and my build number says 6.7.2-223. Does this help my chances?

mardoon

Reaction score
krucifyd said:
My wife and i have experienced many bugs with .244. Hers have been very different from mine. We are both running on Bionic. Mine is also rooted with G Now installed. Most of the bugs are related to using HD media docks and car docks.

With the hopefully soon official release, we just want to return to the current official GB and wait for ICS official OTA.

Is this as simple as just flashing .905? If so, where can i find the file? Or is there more that needs to be done? Also need to be unrooted when we are finished.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

You can't downgrade. You should always read,read,,reread the instructions. Try reloading everything using hob script.

linuxgator

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong, i just looked at the settings, and my build number says 6.7.2-223. Does this help my chances?

That part of the build number is the same for all of the leaks, you have to look at the system version to tell exactly which leak you have.

jayman350

Reaction score
System version 6.7.2233.XT875

that points to the 2233 leak, which was one of the first leaks. The House of Bionic Script should work to get you updated to 232 if you want to give that a shot (much more stable than 2233), or you can go back to 905 and wait for an OTA (which most likely will be at least another few weeks).

If you do want the ability to use 905, don't update beyond 232. 235 and up will lock you in and you won't be able to get back to GB, ever.

edit: why did you think you were on 244? Seems like you should be aware of what you have done to your (and your wife's) phone, makes troubleshooting a lot easier.

OP
K

krucifyd

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]edit: why did you think you were on 244? Seems like you should be aware of what you have done to your (and your wife's) phone, makes troubleshooting a lot easier.[/QUOTE]

When I decided to this a couple of weeks ago, what I read said that the .244 was the latest, most stable leak. The link I followed said it lead to that version, so i "assumed" (duh) that that was what I got. Really, I would like to have the latest, most stable version of ICS until the final promised update with JB finally, if ever comes out.

jayman350

Reaction score
When I decided to this a couple of weeks ago, what I read said that the .244 was the latest, most stable leak. The link I followed said it lead to that version, so i "assumed" (duh) that that was what I got. Really, I would like to have the latest, most stable version of ICS until the final promised update with JB finally, if ever comes out.

ok didn't mean to come across as a jerk or anything, but there are too many people out there who just jump into the deep end without learning how to even tread water let alone swim. sounds like misinformation from the original thread that you installed from.