How to remove a widget??

Leastbay

Reaction score
I have 2 google search widgets on one screen how do I delete 1

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I think hold down on the widget and move to the bottom app tray to delete? Dont have my droid yet but I think thats right.

Trip

Reaction score
Hold your finger down on the widget (long press) then a garbage can will appear at the bottom of the screen where the menu slide usually is, drag it into the garbage can.

mcm180

Reaction score
woohooo thank you ... this OS will take some getting used to ..but I was getting mad at my poor MUSIC widget for being there twice .. and decided to research .. and just wanna thank ya for the answer!

have a great day y'all

locnlovely

Reaction score
Thanks so much!:icon_ banana:

I was having trouble figuring out how to remove it.

Problem solved.

dw4848

Reaction score
If anyone's still reading this thread, I had the same problem with a google search widget and with a calendar widget. Here's my question: HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS?! I read the damn manual front to back and it's the most basic and simplistic thing EVER. Most of the stuff in there I figured out intuitively.

-D

silverx10

Reaction score
It's got its quirks, but Android is a very slick and well-designed OS, once you get used to those quirks. In this case, I agree: my hands were positioned in such a way that they covered the bottom of the screen, so I couldn't see that it turned into a garbage bin.

That being said, you DO now own a phone that's heavily Google-integrated. Use the power of Google as I did, and ask it what you need to know! I work in the IT field, and when customers call with questions like this (which is not in our job description, I politely tell them to Google it.

"how do i remove widget from home"

texasPI

Reaction score
If anyone's still reading this thread, I had the same problem with a google search widget and with a calendar widget. Here's my question: HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS?! I read the damn manual front to back and it's the most basic and simplistic thing EVER. Most of the stuff in there I figured out intuitively.

-D

From one of the many, many faqs in on this very forum.

How do I remove widgets and icons?
Long press it, then move to the app tray button which will then have a trash can icon on it.

But, yeah, the easiest way is to google it. Heck you could even voice search on the droid if you'd rather not type...

Last edited:

dw4848

Reaction score

-D

From one of the many, many faqs in on this very forum.

Which is EXACTLY why I'm here. I guess I'm just frustrated because I'm a little old school in thinking that these things should be written somewhere. Because otherwise, the simple thinking is that this is a trial and error phone. Who wants that? Thank god for the internet. This is my new home until I figure this darned piece of metal out. God I feel old.

-D

roush85

Reaction score
Help... I cant remove my application dock widget from my home screen. I cant hold it down and drag it to trashh... any answersss