How to reinstall Jelly bean ?

karimbardee

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a razr Maxx (GSM) with ICS, token by the upgrade fever wanted to upgrade to JB.

I rooted the phone with "one click root" and used voodo rootkeeper, then downloaded ota JB 4.1.2 to sd card, used recovery to upgrade from external sd card.
everything went smoothly without any problem and ended up with a jelly bean Razr ( a rooted one) and could get rid of all the apps which was filling it and I don't use like kindle, go meeting...etc.

I was very happy with what I did, but noticed the great decrease in the battery life, I made a FDR and two cycles of battery calibration, the situation now is much better but it is not compared whith how it was before JB, so I wanted to go back to ICS.
I read for days (not hours) in different forums about it, 98% of the people saying it is impossible, few of the people saying it can be.

my question is this : is there a way to go back to ICS since it is rooted right now ? by using fastboot or whatever else ?
if there is no way then how can I re-install JB ? I really don't care about keep root any more, all I want is to get my razr to an original situ.

Thanks to every reply I receive.

OP
K

karimbardee

Reaction score
At last I could solve the battery problem !!
I installed a battery watcher (wakeloke detect) and found what was discharging my battery, it is google maps !!
first I stopped google now , by this I gained a relative progress, but by stopping google maps from keep tracking my location I could regain my original battery efficincy before upgrading to Jelly Bean.
Thanks Moto for this "great" upgrading !!