how to put a shortcut on screen?

Dolly

Reaction score
Used to be I could just long press on a blank spot and I would get an option to add an app, widget or contact. Now it just wants to change my wallpaper. Anyone figured this out?

Reaction score
I use Launcher Pro and it lets me create folders on the screens, create shortcuts for web pages, and create shortcuts for my contacts for auto dial. I used this with GB and works just fine with ICS.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also if you install an app the default is to add a shortcut on the homescreen.

Widgets are added like the apps from the app drawer.

Reaction score
To add an app or widget, press the Apps icon, select either Apps or Widgets, then log-press the one you want to add to a home screen.

To add a contact, press the Apps icon, select Widgets, and long-press the Contact widget. Drop it on a home screen. It will then prompt you for the contact you want to put there.

I haven't found a way to drop a file shortcut to a home screen without using a third-party app. I use ES File Manager to do that. Navigate to the file, long-press, and one of the options is Shortcut. It will put the shortcut on whichever home screen you had up when you opened ES File Manager.

OP
D

Dolly

Reaction score
Thanks, I had figured out the app add, but not the contact. I wonder why they changed that feature? Really, how often do you change wallpaper vs adding items to your home pages... Oh well...