How to Pre-Order the SGS4

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I wanted to drop a quick note to let everyone know how to pre-order their SGS4. You cannot upgrade directly from your online account, you must start here: https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/

Alternatively you can pre-order via customer service by calling 611 on your phone.

Once you're on that page then you sign in, and follow the pre-order process. You will need a credit card, and you can expect your device to ship approx. May 28th. It may ship sooner, but no promises.

Have a good day everyone!

jseah

Reaction score
The site doesn't work for me. It doesn't register any of my "clicks" to select a phone.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Ordered through the regular Verizon site with no problems. I had to switch the upgrade available from my daughter's phone to mine first and then go through a bunch of questions/pages. Hope it ships early!

MTsang

Reaction score
I went to my local Verizon store today to preorder my S4 through my fathers line because his is due for an upgrade. I have a grandfathered unlimited plan, when all the paperwork was done they told me I probably wont get it until 5/30 but could be earlier if I get lucky. I went home and look through the agreement I was shocked to see they messed up my unlimited plan and change to 2gb/$30 month. I'm now upset and have to go back to the my local vzw guy to have them fix it tomorrow. So just a heads up if anyone has unlimited that is grandfathered in and plan to upgrade your phone, just make sure they don't mess up your unlimited plan.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
I dont think ul be unlimited anymore/ grandfathered unless u pay full retail price....i might be wrong but im pritty sure that s how its working now

Rise Phoenix Rise

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I dont think ul be unlimited anymore/ grandfathered unless u pay full retail price....i might be wrong but im pritty sure that s how its working now

Rise Phoenix Rise

That's definitely how it works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I thought it used to be you could add lines to an account that was unlimited and not lose unlimited although the new lines wouldn't be unlimited anymore.

aquaholic

Reaction score
I thought it used to be you could add lines to an account that was unlimited and not lose unlimited although the new lines wouldn't be unlimited anymore.

not anymore. Unless you pay full price for the phone you cant keep your unlimited phone.

das2042

Reaction score
so here's a question, if I upgrade the tiered line on my plan, would I lose my unlimited line?

OP
Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
so here's a question, if I upgrade the tiered line on my plan, would I lose my unlimited line?

No, as long as you don't upgrade the line with the unlimited data then there should be no change to the data plan. Just make sure they dont talk you into a rate plan change, family plan, etc.

debrad0307

Reaction score
No, as long as you don't upgrade the line with the unlimited data then there should be no change to the data plan. Just make sure they dont talk you into a rate plan change, family plan, etc.

And also make sure you activate the phone on the tiered line first then switch it to your line. Very important step right there... if you don't do it Verizon will charge full price for the phone. It has something to do with the contract.

Sent from my Synergized S3

OP
Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, I apologize Debra is correct. If forgot about that. It does have to be activated on the upgraded line first, even if only for a few minutes. If you don't the billing system "thinks" the phone was purchased at discount, and resold immediately. As a result it will bill full retail.

Thanks Debra!

And also make sure you activate the phone on the tiered line first then switch it to your line. Very important step right there... if you don't do it Verizon will charge full price for the phone. It has something to do with the contract.

Sent from my Synergized S3