How to power off

cafleter

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is probably a very dumb question. I have the new HTC Thunderbolt. As everyone knows the device will go into "standby" mode after a set period of time, or if you hit the power button it will go into standby mode.

I am going to be in an airplane later today where I'll need to physically shut off electronic devices. How do I do that with the TB - how do I actually shut it off rather than just put into standby mode?

I don't believe that when I hit the power button, that I am powering it off because when I hit the power button again, it is instantly on - but maybe it really does power up that fast?

Also, once I learn how to power it off, I presume the power button will turn it back on?

Thanks for your help and sorry for the dumb question.

Carol

PatrickJ

Reaction score
Unlock screen and hold down the power button...you'll get three options:airplane, restart or off.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Press and hold the power button on the top (while the device is on) and you'll get 3 options. 1. Put phone into airplane mode. 2. Turn device off completely. 3. Restart device. You want to do the airplane mode or turn device off instantly. You probably have fast boot enabled and are lucky enough to be one of the people that can use this.

shortsxit

Reaction score
You aren't putting the phone into standby, you're just turning the screen off.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App