[HOW TO] Permanently Root Rezound

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I flashed it again. Same thing. I downloaded the Amon-Ra from the link from this forum.

when you flash in fastboot does it tell you that it flashed successfully? or did it through out errors? and you trying to flash this from ROM Manager??

chollroc

Reaction score
when you flash in fastboot does it tell you that it flashed successfully? or did it through out errors? and you trying to flash this from ROM Manager??
Working now thanks? I have other issues now. I fastbooted the boot image for the ASOP ICS and installed the zip file on my sd card. I can't get it to install on device. When I attempt to do it aborts. I didn't back up my stock. How can I get something that works? Device does nothing now. I am at fastboot screen now.

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Working now thanks? I have other issues now. I fastbooted the boot image for the ASOP ICS and installed the zip file on my sd card. I can't get it to install on device. When I attempt to do it aborts. I didn't back up my stock. How can I get something that works? Device does nothing now. I am at fastboot screen now.

You will need to flash the RUU according to what main version you are on. From bootloader, at the top, you should see in green text: "HBOOT-x.xx.xxxx" what ever that first number is that follows HBOOT is what your main version is. If its a 1, you flash the RUU for 1.02.605.6 and if its a 2 you flash the RUU for 2.01.605.11. If its a 3, then there is a thread floating around here and over at XDA that will show you how to edit the main version to show a 2 or 1 because right now we don't have a RUU for main version 3 this is official and stable.

Please make sure that you take your time in doing your research and make sure you have all the fact before you get to hacking away at your phone, and always be prepared for the worst, which includes making a backup of your stock setup.

The RUU's can be found here: [ROM]Vigor Shipped ROM Collection - xda-developers

chollroc

Reaction score
You will need to flash the RUU according to what main version you are on. From bootloader, at the top, you should see in green text: "HBOOT-x.xx.xxxx" what ever that first number is that follows HBOOT is what your main version is. If its a 1, you flash the RUU for 1.02.605.6 and if its a 2 you flash the RUU for 2.01.605.11. If its a 3, then there is a thread floating around here and over at XDA that will show you how to edit the main version to show a 2 or 1 because right now we don't have a RUU for main version 3 this is official and stable.

Please make sure that you take your time in doing your research and make sure you have all the fact before you get to hacking away at your phone, and always be prepared for the worst, which includes making a backup of your stock setup.

The RUU's can be found here: [ROM]Vigor Shipped ROM Collection - xda-developers

Thanks for you help. I made a major idiot move, but since ASOP never actually flashed properly, all I had to do was flash the stock boot.img. I have since made a Nandroid backup, and will be more cautious in the future. dancedroid:icon_ banana:

graywolf

Reaction score
Thank you so much!!!!!
I was having many problems at first, but I got it working and now I have root access!!!!!!

SamXp

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm running the ICS leak 3.10.605.13. I flashed Amon RA 3.15 and tried installing SU from the developer menu. It says successful, but when I boot up the phone, I don't see Superuser in the app tray and BusyBox does not detect root access. Can we not root 3.10.605.13?

ritzcarlton

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Looks like I unlocked, installed AmonRa custom recovery, and successfully rooted. Maybe a real newbie question, but what next? I rebooted my phone and nothing is changed. Do I need to install a viewer or some other program to realize the benefits of being rooted and actively administer SU admin privileges?

Ok it looks like I have SuperUser program installed on my phone but when I click on it, it is blank. Do I need to buy and upgrade the program to realize benefits?

Edit.. Ok now I installed a program called root explorer BS $5 program I now see files that I wasn't able to see? Great you guys unlock and root for the ability to do this? Is this a rip-off scam to get money from programs?

What is the real benefit for rooting and how do you do it? I want to remove some programs that I consider bloatware that came from my phone to possibly conserve battery. What else is possible when rooted? anyone?

Last edited:

stankopp

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Looks like I unlocked, installed AmonRa custom recovery, and successfully rooted. Maybe a real newbie question, but what next? I rebooted my phone and nothing is changed. Do I need to install a viewer or some other program to realize the benefits of being rooted and actively administer SU admin privileges?

Ok it looks like I have SuperUser program installed on my phone but when I click on it, it is blank. Do I need to buy and upgrade the program to realize benefits?

Edit.. Ok now I installed a program called root explorer BS $5 program I now see files that I wasn't able to see? Great you guys unlock and root for the ability to do this? Is this a rip-off scam to get money from programs?

What is the real benefit for rooting and how do you do it? I want to remove some programs that I consider bloatware that came from my phone to possibly conserve battery. What else is possible when rooted? anyone?

You can now install custom ROMS. You can now use free Titanium backup. You can now load a custom boot animation. You can now act like aresponsible adult that does not have to have his/her phone "protected" from him/her. Need I go on?

I installed a free version of Root Explorer. I also have a free version of File Explorer that is more powerful with root access granted. I have a free version of Quick Boot that allows me to reboot to recovery or simply shutdown rapidly. The free options are almost limitless. So I do not see how this is a rip-off scam. The unlock was free. The Amon Ra (as well as Clockwork Mod) was free.

There are few apps for which I have paid - let alone $5.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm running the ICS leak 3.10.605.13. I flashed Amon RA 3.15 and tried installing SU from the developer menu. It says successful, but when I boot up the phone, I don't see Superuser in the app tray and BusyBox does not detect root access. Can we not root 3.10.605.13?

You still need to install superuser from the market.

Hello Guys,

Ok, take a breath. Rooting is not anything spectacular. It opens the door to a higher access level. By unlocking your phone, you can install custom recovery and install ROMs. By rooting your phone you can actually alter the way the phone operates by changing system files, theming, and running applications that normally wouldn't run. One of those applications being root explorer(which most people use to remove bloatware), another being wifi tether, and another being metamorph. While there are quite a few root only applications out there, their usefulness to you may vary. My advice to you is to read...explore..learn...and then figure out what you want out of your device. Ask questions based on that need/want and there are many here that can help out.

lepa71

Reaction score
Is there a difference between AmonRa Recovery or Clockwork or Clockwork touch? Why would someone prefer one over another? just a question. I don't have any preference.

Thanks

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
AmonRa is the only one that's able to root. Depending on who you talk to clockworkmod is buggy at best on the Rezound where AmonRa just works. It's kind of become the defacto standard for the Rezound

graywolf

Reaction score
I liked clockwork because of the touch interface. But I want to be able to charge when the phone is off so I really don't care. It isn't like we spend a lot of time in recovery. :)

EVSP

Reaction score
Thankyouthankyouthankyou for all your hard work on this!! :icon_ lala: I'm rooted!! I haven't been this giddy since I rooted my D1!

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
Halfcab123.com I just use them to root my phone, phone is great now. Check out their site. They can also reverse root as well.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

lepa71

Reaction score
Halfcab123.com I just use them to root my phone, phone is great now. Check out their site. They can also reverse root as well.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

You got to be kidding me. You paid somebody to root your phone or you are just posting ads here.