how to name audio files? not showing up correctly in music player.

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
Hey I've downloaded a few songs onto my D-Inc to use as alarms, ringtones, and just to listen to in the stock music player, but they all have different naming conventions and some of them aren't showing up correctly in the stock music player.
I just wanted to know if anyone's had the same problem or knows how to fix it, whether its a syntax/naming error or something wrong with the player.
I've tried renaming to:
Artist - album - song title
Artist_album_songtitle
And some others, but in the music player sometimes it shows the entire file name as the title and then says unknown artist and album while other times the first method has been correctly recognized. It seems to be random rather than constant as far as which songs with which name types are recognized.
It's making playing music and organizing playlists a pain (right now, playlists are impossible because it doesn't recognize them as the same artist and so far won't let me put more than one artist on a playlist. Suggestions for that problem also appreciated).

Thanks for any help, I'd love to figure this out soon as I'm a file-organizing freak :)

<3 haley

IcyStorm

Reaction score
I believe it's something like Android devices don't read ID3v2.4 tag data but they do read ID3v2.3 tag data.