Having trouble with music on SD card (Moto RAZR)

Erik_TheRed

Reaction score
Hey,

So I just got a RAZR, and a 32 gig sd card so I could store some additional music as well. I've been using an ipod 5th generation for all of my music (almost 80 gigs), so I made an itunes playlist called "droid" with about 22 gigs of music and synced it up with my phone using doubletwist (automatically synced to the sd card). This went smoothly, until I tried to launch the stock music player. The program is lagging to hell, as well as showing 81 songs as "unknown artist" -- which can't be true because I checked with Mp3tag that all the id3 artist/album info was correct. When I try to load up a song it lags really badly, and sometimes the program just crashes completely. Google Music player is also having the same problem although it doesn't seem to be slowing down as much.

Does anyone know why my droid can't seem to index the music? I didn't think 20 gigs of music would be enough to crash the phone but I'm getting a bit frustrated now :frown:

Perhaps I need to use a different media player? If so, does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!

OP
E

Erik_TheRed

Reaction score
So I downloaded PowerAMP and it's working flawlessly now. Going to buy the full version ASAP, given that the sound quality is tons better than the stock player as well.