How to monitor or disable incognito browsing in android phone??

holhat

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4 mini
Hi, I'm also searching for software to monitor Google chrome incognito mode on android phones. Please send me any info you have and thank you in advance.
Don't waste your money. There is no monitoring software that will record incognito mode. I've researched and tried several.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that Accountable2you does indeed monitor everything, even incognito browsing.

em2014

Reaction score
I would like to disable or block the ability to use incognito browsing on my sons Motorola M. Is uses google chrome, and I have not had any luck in finding a way to block or disable this option. If it is not possible to block or disable it, is there a way to monitor usage? I would like to keep google chrome as my default broswer if at all possible. Please advise and be as specific as possible if giving directions. I am willing to root the phone or do whatever needs to be done.

Thank you in advance.
I dont know if u still nd to find out but i

jaynice

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola driod turbo
Hi and welcome... you have a few possible options. You can install a 3rd party app that will monitor the default browser's (in this case Chrome, on the M anyway) usage and send you a report, whether it uses incognito mode or not. You also can't easily disable that app - but it's also not free. Shoot me a PM if you want to know more about it.

You could also disable Chrome completely and install another browser that doesn't have that ability. Even though I don't know one off the top of my head, as incognito mode has become a mainstay, I can't imagine there's not one out there.

There also are browsers out there that are focused on keeping things family friendly, just search "safe browser" or "safe browsing" in the play store and you should see a few. Again, you'll want to disable Chrome if your goal is to avoid that.

Hopefully that helps...

jaynice

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola driod turbo
Hi and welcome... you have a few possible options. You can install a 3rd party app that will monitor the default browser's (in this case Chrome, on the M anyway) usage and send you a report, whether it uses incognito mode or not. You also can't easily disable that app - but it's also not free. Shoot me a PM if you want to know more about it.

You could also disable Chrome completely and install another browser that doesn't have that ability. Even though I don't know one off the top of my head, as incognito mode has become a mainstay, I can't imagine there's not one out there.

There also are browsers out there that are focused on keeping things family friendly, just search "safe browser" or "safe browsing" in the play store and you should see a few. Again, you'll want to disable Chrome if your goal is to avoid that.

Hopefully that helps...

Hi can you tell me how to send you a PM. I would like to know more about the program that can monitor the incognito mode. Thank you.

jaynice

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola driod turbo
I can confirm that Accountable2you does indeed monitor everything, even incognito browsing.

It monitors and reports but does it tell you what sites they visited? Passwords and etc?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It monitors and reports but does it tell you what sites they visited? Passwords and etc?

It doesn't tell you any passwords. It shows all activity and websites visited. If you're in Youtube, it shows searches and videos watched. If you're in a browser of any sort, whether incognito or not, same thing. But it's not a key-logger - it doesn't reveal any passwords or anything like that. It also grades the activity depending on how potentially "risky" it is.

jaynice

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola driod turbo
It doesn't tell you any passwords. It shows all activity and websites visited. If you're in Youtube, it shows searches and videos watched. If you're in a browser of any sort, whether incognito or not, same thing. But it's not a key-logger - it doesn't reveal any passwords or anything like that. It also grades the activity depending on how potentially "risky" it is.

Can you tell me the name of the program?

nhMom

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 5 Galaxy

Hopefully that helps...
Covenant Eyes will monitor Chrome if it's the stock system browser, whether it's in incognito mode or not. If Chrome isn't the stock system browser, it will tell you how long has been spent in the app, but can't actually monitor the browser activity. From their description:

"monitors and reports websites visited through the stock browser, Dolphin Browser, and Skyfire Web Browser. In addition, it reports when and for how long other apps were accessed."

So basically if Chrome happens to be the stock browser, it'll monitor it, regardless of incognito mode. I believe only the newer Moto devices and Nexus devices have Chrome as the actual system browser, though.

Also, it's not free - but it works! It also shows apps installed and time spent in each app.

Hopefully that made sense... typed that out in a bit of a hurry!
Hi, I just signed up and am not sure how to send you a pm on here. I am also looking to learn the best wayou to disable/monitor incognito mode on my son's phone. I would be truly grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum!
Unfortunately there is no way to disable it. If you read through the previous comments, there are other suggestions provided.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n