How to mix Sense, Android apks, widgets.

rebel541

Reaction score
What I've been trying unsuccessfully to do is to keep Rosie and the stock Sense Clock and Weather widget, but install the standard Android desk clock, gallery, and news apps. I can't seem to get the android apps to work on a sense rom, or the sense apps and widgets to work on a senseless rom.

I've mostly worked from a Sense rom, and tried installing the apks from my sdcard after extracting them from an android rom for the Tbolt using Root Explorer. I've also put them into the system/app folder with Root Explorer and rebooted, as well as trying to install them from that folder.

Is there any way to get them to play nicely?

mkjellgren

Reaction score
I don't think its possible to mix parts of sense and vanilla Android. As I understand it sense comes as a whole package. Personally, I would love to just keep a few of the sense widgets such as the clock/weather widget and scrap the rest of sense all together but to my knowledge, nobody has been able to pull it off at this point. As far as modified apps like the dialer or desk clock though, those might be a different story. The sense apps may be able to be removed similar to the sense lock screen.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've been racking my brains on this as well. I would love to incorporate the best of both worlds. But can't come up with anything.

OP
rebel541

rebel541

Reaction score
What prevents installation of android apps like the gallery or desk clock in a Sense rom? Or, for that matter, what prevents use of Sense widgets like the clock and rosie in an Android rom? After all, we can use launcher pro in either rom, beautiful widgets clock in either rom, etc.

wooddale

Reaction score
I'm running dad 1.6.1 remit. Using launcher pro and downloaded clock from market that looks like htc clock. Am I using too much battery doing.it this way I froze Roseie and the other launcher I.got.wall paper fro in Titanium backup so its like there not there. I try to keep all the other crappy from running also. Battery life is still.not great.