How to make text messages vibrate

Krueger

Reaction score
I was wondering how and if you can make text messages and notifcations vibrate when the ringer itself is on vibrate mode.. i cant seem to figure it out... at work i need the ringer to be on vibrate but when i get a text message all it does is blink the green light.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid so perhaps my suggestion is not correct.

I'm guessing you are using the stock messaging app. Open the app, tap menu, tap settings, tap notifications and select always vibrate.

Hope this helps.
Mike

Mags

Reaction score
I changed these settings as well, but the phone still isnt vibrating for texts.

:(

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are using the stock text app-- open the text app, tap menu, tap settings, in the Notification section tap vibrate.

DroidSloth

Reaction score
I changed these settings as well, but the phone still isnt vibrating for texts.

:(

Download an app called Sound Manager. It saved my life many times. Had the same problem with my droid now my droid x. It accesses some hidden vibration settings that somehow occasionally get turned off.

Last edited:

atana

Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid so perhaps my suggestion is not correct.

I'm guessing you are using the stock messaging app. Open the app, tap menu, tap settings, tap notifications and select always vibrate.

Hope this helps.
Mike

Mike, I searched for "stock messaging" app, I also searched for "stock text messaging", but couldn't find anything even remotely closer. What's the exact name of the app you are talking about?
AT