How to hard reset the HTC DROID Incredible

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
We show you how to factory reset the HTC DROID Incredible to clear all data and restore its original settings

The HTC DROID Incredible is highly customizable and you have been hard at work tweaking it to your liking, but now the fun is over and you want to return it to its factory settings again. Here, we show you how to hard reset the HTC DROID Incredible with step by step instructions.

Please note that all data will be deleted from the HTC DROID Incredible as a result of this procedure. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.

• Turn the power off. If your HTC DROID Incredible is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  • Hold the Volume Down button
  • Press and release the Power button
  • You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  • Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  • Press and release the Power button
  • Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC DROID Incredible. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copied from Know Your Cell - Cell phone news, reviews, features, guides and more - Know Your Cell
Published there on Apr 15, 2010
Thanks to jkhonea for finding this.

beesy

Reaction score
thanks ...this might come in handy later....

Serialkilla

Reaction score
You can also power off the phone, then hold the optical trackpad and power together,and it'll put you into recovery mode.

Snacko

Reaction score
Noob here...

How is this different from the Factory Reset?

Thx

tcyree2202

Reaction score
Ok, not sure if this is the place to post this, but I didn't want to start a new thread. My x-girlfriend has an Incredible on my plan. Her charging port stopped working and she got a replacement phone from vzw, which I'm assuming is a refurb. Upon placing her old battery in the new phone and charging for a while, she eventually tried to power on the replacement. No love. Won't do anything. I'm not near the phone, but I had her try to boot into the bootloader, and still no go. My question is, is there any way to flash a stock image or jumpstart, so to speak, the phone with adb? I have rooted my own droid 1, so I'm comfortable with adb, flashing, etc. Does htc have something comparable to an sbf? And if they do, is there any way to wake the phone if it won't turn on at all in the first place? I'm assuming she's SOL and will just have to get another replacement. Just thought I would ask first, and thanks in advance for any help. It's greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I'm aware it could be the battery itself, but until I can get to the phone I have no way of telling.

EDIT 2: Nevermind. It's gotta be the battery. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

stacymenendez

Reaction score
What is the optical trackpad on the Incredible 2?

You can also power off the phone, then hold the optical trackpad and power together,and it'll put you into recovery mode.

All of a sudden, my power button stopped working. Holding it down forever didn't bring up the normal dialog box asking if I wanted to shut down or restart. I took the battery out/reinserted it, and now it locks on a screen with the heading *LOCKED*, then a bunch of information (I'm guessing about my phone specs) and then a list of options: Fastboot, Restore, etc...

When I tried to pick one (first Fastboot, then Restore), and pressed the power button to select, nothing happens. I've done this four times, the last time with the battery out over an hour (had a different screen, but was still locked, and it said that the battery was too drained - when I plugged the phone in, the former screen came up again).

I am pretty desperate - I use this thing for just about everything!!! Please help, someone!