How to go from ICS back to a RezRom or other Custom Roms

ljclifton

Reaction score
if anyone hs a clue as to how to revert back i would be so indebted.... while i like the eaked ics and some of the feel, it still has a lot of bugs. wireless tether doesnt work and im aving bluetooth issues, etc.... i have wiped, cleaned, done it all. with the rezrom and others i could listen to my music and other items on a stndard bluetooth, wih ics leaked you cnt. big deal breaker for me right now...... anyway, please help if you know how...

chained22

Reaction score
if anyone hs a clue as to how to revert back i would be so indebted.... while i like the eaked ics and some of the feel, it still has a lot of bugs. wireless tether doesnt work and im aving bluetooth issues, etc.... i have wiped, cleaned, done it all. with the rezrom and others i could listen to my music and other items on a stndard bluetooth, wih ics leaked you cnt. big deal breaker for me right now...... anyway, please help if you know how...

From what I was told once you flash a ics img file it updates the main version and there is no going back it is a permanent update

Sent from my Transformer TF101

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
From what I was told once you flash a ics img file it updates the main version and there is no going back it is a permanent update

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Not true. There are a couple ways to fix it. The one that is easiest IMHO is to get the RUU. Use the latest one that includes the OTA. Just plug your phone in and run it(after relocking the bootloader) and it restores your phone to out of the box condition. It's similar to using SDLite on Moto devices. Done it several times, works like a champ.

Before trying an ICS ROM, I do a Nandroid backup.

I try the ROM, it never works out because they all have limitations and are buggy, and so I RUU the phone back to stock, root it, install Amon Ra and then go and restore my backup. I can do all that and be back to my unlocked, rooted, debloated GB in about 20 minutes...

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Not true. There are a couple ways to fix it. The one that is easiest IMHO is to get the RUU. Use the latest one that includes the OTA. Just plug your phone in and run it(after relocking the bootloader) and it restores your phone to out of the box condition. It's similar to using SDLite on Moto devices. Done it several times, works like a champ.

I try the ROM, it never works out because they all have limitations and are buggy, and so I RUU the phone back to stock, root it, install Amon Ra and then go and restore my backup. I can do all that and be back to my unlocked, rooted, debloated GB in about 20 minutes...

Easiest way to fix this problem is to not use PH98IMG.zip. If you manually flash the kernel(boot.img) in fastboot, your mainver does NOT get updated. I haven't restored a single Nandroid or RUU'd since I got this phone and I've flip-flopped between GB and ICS especially in the early running. In any case and more on topic, when you switch between GB and ICS(even a backup) you always have to reflash your kernel....preferably to the one that belongs with your ROM.

orthius

Reaction score
exactly relock the bootloader push the ruu will completely return the phone to stock then unlock again root and do whatever floats your boat lmao

pdjmwj

Reaction score

Hi, where can you find the RUU? I'd like to maintain this option as I've already upgraded to ICS and may want to try the offical release.

I know this question sounds stupid, I'm a web developer but new to Android and I'm gettiong my feet wet. Still trying to understand all the jargon.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, where can you find the RUU? I'd like to maintain this option as I've already upgraded to ICS and may want to try the offical release.

I know this question sounds stupid, I'm a web developer but new to Android and I'm gettiong my feet wet. Still trying to understand all the jargon.

Ok, hopefully you mean you want to try leaked ICS. The OTA hasn't come out yet and lord knows if you'll be allowed to upgrade to it without an S-Off magic trick.

There are several mirrors but this is the best I can give you for downloading the latest leak
[Exclusive Download] HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich Build 3.14.605.5, Brings A Handful Of Fixes And New(er) Radios

Feel free to ask questions, that's what we're here for.

pdjmwj

Reaction score

Where can I find the RUU that will help restore my phone back to out of the box condition?

tanks...