How to go back to stock 2.2?

droidXpert

Reaction score
I'm running Apex 1.3.1 and want to revert to stock 2.2. I tried flashing the stock 2.2 images through ROM manager but all it did was reboot my phone (says I have to be on 2.1). How do I "SBF" back to stock 2.2?

dainty

Reaction score
I was on 2.2 with the FlyX ROM and never made a backup of the stock ROM. Now I would like to revert back to stock so I can get the 2.2.340 OTA. Is there a guide somewhere on how to do this? I couldn't find it. Thanks!

maderschramm

Reaction score
My sbf tutorial in my sig will get you back to 2.2 as long as you have the 30.03 (or lower bootloader). If you have 30.04 you have to sbf to. 320

dainty

Reaction score
Thank you! I'm following your sbf tutorial right now.

The reason I wanted to get the 2.3.340 OTA was because I wanted the Rubix 1.9.5 ROM to work properly (music wasn't playing). I made a nandroid backup right before doing all of this. So would I be able to restore my nandroid backup and call it a day, or would I have to redo everything again (flashing the ROM & restoring my apps with TB)? Thanks again.

dainty

Reaction score
I'm encountering a few problems:

1) When I try to do a system update now that I'm on 2.3.320, it's saying "Your device is up to date! No update is necessary at this time." I downloaded the update.zip from somewhere else and tried to apply it in recovery mode, but it gave me an Error and Status 7.

2) I tried to use z4root to re-root my phone, but it's not working. The screen that says "Running exploit in order to obtain root access..." has been on for over 20 mins. I retried it again with the same result.

What should I do now?

MysticalDreams:
Thanks for the link! I haven't gotten the chance to see if the camera was working properly yet. My MP3s not playing was enough for me. Hopefully I can escape that camera issue.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I am really new to rooting so I am going to step aside and hope someone can help you out.

As for the camera problem you will not escape it, unless they have put the new camera apk in but I think Rubix is still on 1.9.5, the camera fix was easy

dainty

Reaction score
OK, so after looking all over for solutions while not having much knowledge in this at all, this is what I ultimately did that worked (and I'm sure it was not the short & easy way):

1) SBF to 2.3.320
2) SBF using the 2.3.340 system only file following this thread after update wouldn't work
3) Applied TBH patches from this thread to update the kernel & bootloader versions
4) Used Z4root to root my phone (which finally worked after the above steps)

Now I just have to reinstall the Rubix 1.9.5 ROM and see what other problems I may encounter.