New Froyo Release vs. Leaked

hellfire

Reaction score
What differences are there? Should I even worry about reverting my phone back to 2.1, or just enjoy my current 2.2 until roms start rolling out using the new 2.2 release?

I know everyone is excited about it finally being available, I'm just wondering if there is really even a reason to go through the trouble, or if those of us already running 2.2, should just wait.

Tyler

liferefugee

Reaction score
From what is being talked about here you may want to consider going back to 2.1 stock for the update.

OP
H

hellfire

Reaction score
Hmm.. I'll probably wait a couple days to see if its worth the hassle... I just hate organizing my home screens all over again, haha.

liferefugee

Reaction score
well I know with adw you can save all of that, are you running stock UI? If not, perhaps you have a backup option?

ALilGoober

Reaction score
Yeah I would definitely like to know the answer to this as well. I'm running leaked froyo 2.2, fly x rom, and 928 theme. Everything seems to be working decently. Just wonder if there are any actual differences between the official and leaked update to were it would be worth going back to 2.1. Does anyone have any specs or just obvious factors besides that it's official.

Mikey311

Reaction score
i had a few problems with the leaked 2.2, nothing crazy, just annoying. The baseband and version is different so i would think they fixed a few things. i flashed back to 2.1 just to be safe.

mattbuds

Reaction score
May be a silly question but im curious, I have already put back all of the bloatware that I had moved out of apps but do I also have back out all of Build.prop tweaks that I made or will that be taken care of when I go back to 2.1???

liferefugee

Reaction score
if you dropped back to 2.1 from 2.1 your build.prop file should have been reverted as well. If you were in 2.1, your tweaks should just be text in a file as far as the upgrade is concerned. So either way you should be alright.

iclickjohn

Reaction score
Has the Original Post been answered?
My take. I'm happy with the leaked 2.2 after reading all the $#!% happening to everyone it doesn't seem worth it. I'm running perfect in every way as is. mrbirdman tweeted to wait. He must be cooking something up for us. So I'm not doing anything until the dust settles. The word "official" isn't enough to go through all the hoops. (unless anyone can shed some light on the real differences)

OP
H

hellfire

Reaction score
Well, since I'm the OP. I'll go ahead and answer the question... I would just wait.

There are some minor differences, but nothing worth all the hassle. My quadrant actually dropped, which I know isn't a major deal, but still. I haven't noticed anything at all that would make this version better. It's just a hassle. Of course, we are all here because we enjoy modding our phones, and tinkering. So, with something new to do, I went ahead.

But if you don't have the time and/or patience and just want to do work if its going to make something better... My take is, don't bother.

Tyler

ALilGoober

Reaction score
has the original post been answered?
My take. I'm happy with the leaked 2.2 after reading all the $#!% happening to everyone it doesn't seem worth it. I'm running perfect in every way as is. Mrbirdman tweeted to wait. He must be cooking something up for us. So i'm not doing anything until the dust settles. The word "official" isn't enough to go through all the hoops. (unless anyone can shed some light on the real differences)

and i say amen! :)

cgrimm9

Reaction score
I am sticking with my leaked version. untill they come out with Gamli 2.3 I wont be updating. Custom roms, Themes, Recovery, SBF need I say more. Downside Birdman has the OTA. I hope He has 2 DX's Cause I Was hoping for his vanilla rom to come out. If He has one DX I dont think his vanilla rom will be finished and I may have to update to OTA later when its hacked.

themuttt

Reaction score
From what is being talked about here you may want to consider going back to 2.1 stock for the update.

is that post trying to say that there will be no more OTA's unless you downgrade to 2.1 first? My non-rooted, Leaked 2.2 is working fine and am not sure I want to tempt fate with hearing all of the other problems people seem to be having with the OTA. I think I will hold off a few more days but already have all of the stuff I need to downgrade if need be

qman66

Reaction score
just went back to 2.1 from the leaked 2.2 and did the ota and re-rooted and restoring everything back now with titanium. the leaked 2.2 was freezing a lot and had some annoying glitches. all looks well so far on the official 2.2

umx

Reaction score
but noone has actually said wat is the difference. people could of just had a bad load of the leak installed causing problems. bc i used 2.3.15 and i havent had one single issue on mine. And ill pass on verizons 2.2 update seeing i dont feel like being locked out with the new bootloader or w.e, so u cant flash back to 2.1