how to get customized notifications

sdc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola droid maxx
Want different notification sounds for each contact
Unable to install Handcent SMS, Go SMS, light flow, they just spin & spin for hours saying they are installing but they never install

What app works on droid maxx ( not razor) that supports customization?
Or is one of my settings wrong?

I've searched on the forum & can't find anything

Thx!!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't think you can set custom sounds for text messages with the stock Messaging app. You can set custom ringtones for each contact in the Contacts app, but that only applies to calls not texts (I believe). Not sure why you are having trouble downloading a new Messaging app from the Play Store...that seems strange.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

aarong03

Reaction score
Handcent, chomp sms I am able to set different ringtones for all my people on my contacts lists. Always been able to and still do today.

OP
S

sdc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola droid maxx
Finally my phone allowed me to install Textra, I've been trying to install many customizable texting apps and unable to install any.
Problem solved, thx all for your help

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't think you can set custom sounds for text messages with the stock Messaging app. You can set custom ringtones for each contact in the Contacts app, but that only applies to calls not texts (I believe). Not sure why you are having trouble downloading a new Messaging app from the Play Store...that seems strange.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Haven't tried it lately, but setting different ringtones for contacts, at one time, made it play that entire song when they texted you. My girlfriend and I went round and round about it.

Hangouts? I think I've seen this option in Google Hangouts.