how to get a new droid from verizon?

Reaction score
So i accidentally wet my physical keyboard and now my Droid is going crazy. For example I'll be on the home screen and by itself the s button is pressed. Is there any way I can get a new Droid without paying full price?

Guchi

Reaction score
insurance..... you do have insurance on that $600 phone you don't want to pay full retail to replace don't you?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are eligible for one year pricing on a new Droid. That's much better than paying full retail for another one. This time, pay the $6 per month for the insurance.

HarshReality

Reaction score
Ive known a few (6 or 7) who purchased insurance after the fact and waited a month or so to claim a problem.. but.. such a thing would be dishonest I think.

TechLaundry

Reaction score
Just dumped my LG Ally in a glass of diet pepsi - so I feel your pain. Here were the options they laid out for me. I didn't want to burn my 1 yr extension on a droid w/ the X and 2 enroute so....

You can go in and buy a CPO (certified Pre-owned) from a Verizon store - Droid price is $289. Apparently you can do this once a year. No effect on contract - but they have to ship it to you.

What I did? I have a family plan - so I went to WalMart and did an add-a-line. 2 yr extension - $9.99/mo (minus my company discount). Got the Droid for $48.88. They were running a free activation deal - so no $35 fee.

Now the fun starts. In order to avoid the extra $29/mo data plan. I went home, hit Craig's list - and bought a throwaway flip phone for $20. Took that home and activated that on my new phone number.

Then switched the droid to my "old" main number. Did that part all online. Painless and problem solved.

Total cost? $44.88 out the door, + $8.50/mo *24m = 248.88. Slightly cheaper than a CPO, and I "financed" Droid over the next two years...

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Ive known a few (6 or 7) who purchased insurance after the fact and waited a month or so to claim a problem.. but.. such a thing would be dishonest I think.

False you can't bc I tried to do that when my wifes droid got stollen and they said if I didn't want insurance when I bought the phone now I can't add it. So they said I can't ever add insurance since I refused it originally. This was according to verizon, luckly my wifes phone turned up. Else you could get a discounted price and pay like 299$ for a refurbish droid.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

toastedoats

Reaction score
if your moisture sensors havent been triggered take it to the verizon store and get a warranty replacement

Wildyfz450

Reaction score

False you can't bc I tried to do that when my wifes droid got stollen and they said if I didn't want insurance when I bought the phone now I can't add it. So they said I can't ever add insurance since I refused it originally. This was according to verizon, luckly my wifes phone turned up. Else you could get a discounted price and pay like 299$ for a refurbish droid.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thats why you don't tell them the phone was lost... You just say you would like to purchase insurance either in the store or online and than wait the month and than claim it.