How to get 3g enabled?

pcm2a

Reaction score
I just switched from a DX to a Thunderbolt. 4g works great but if I move to an area with no 4g or if I use the "Network" app to switch to "CDMA auto" I have no internet at all.

My buddy right next to me gets 3g when he goes out of 4g range or if he uses that app.

What will I need to do to get 3g fixed on my account?

Update: I should add that I bought this used and had Verizon give me a sim card. Maybe I need to hard reset the phone?

Last edited:

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
I just switched from a DX to a Thunderbolt. 4g works great but if I move to an area with no 4g or if I use the "Network" app to switch to "CDMA auto" I have no internet at all.

My buddy right next to me gets 3g when he goes out of 4g range or if he uses that app.

What will I need to do to get 3g fixed on my account?

Update: I should add that I bought this used and had Verizon give me a sim card. Maybe I need to hard reset the phone?

No don't hard reset I will give you a link right now

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OP
P

pcm2a

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I had already hard reset my phone many hours earlier.

However, I did go in and check and I am set on eHRPD. Not only is my 3g working but I can confirm voice/data same time over 3g works! The 4g was crushing my battery life.

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Glad you got it work factory reset just seems logical but I had read that link just before I saw your post and thought why lose data if you don't have to. But glad it worked.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk