***HOW TO*** Flash Roms on the THUNDERBOLT

mamawings

Reaction score
Ok. How do I know which radio to flash? Currently my "radio" or baseband is 1.16.00.0402w_1. I got this information from menu, settings, about phone, software. Can I continue to use ROM Manager Premium to install these (I've found that this is the easiest way)?

MrKleen

Reaction score
Ok. How do I know which radio to flash? Currently my "radio" or baseband is 1.16.00.0402w_1. I got this information from menu, settings, about phone, software. Can I continue to use ROM Manager Premium to install these (I've found that this is the easiest way)?

The radio threads out there can be pretty confusing with all the different ways they are being numbered... MR1, MR2, MR2.5....

Here you go [RADIO] Official OTA MR2 Radio 1.39.00.0627r [7/8/2011] - xda-developers

After you install this radio you need to use the newer roms that support the new MR2 radios.

You cannot install with Rom Manager. You need to put the file on your sd card then boot into Hboot. After it is finished installing you either need to remove the file from the sd card or rename it for future use. The reason you need to either remove or rename is so that it doesn't automatically begin installing it again the next time you boot into the bootloader. Take your time and follow the instructions before you replace your radio.... you don't want to mess this stuff up.

mamawings

Reaction score
MrKlean,
Thank you. Unfortunately I managed to brick my phone during the radio flashing process. I did however, also get it back to its stock state, and then re-root. I have yet to flash a new ROM b/c I'm a little bit intimidated. Perhaps you can help me,
I am looking for a custom ROM that will: speed up my phone,help conserve battery, give lots of cool themes/layout,and NOT need a new radio (or a ROM that comes w/ step by step radio flashing instructions; I am a bit intimidated by flashing a new radio to my phone b/c my first attempt was a failure)

My current radio is: 1.16.00.0402w_1
I have titanium back up pro and ROM manager premium installed.

If you or any forum readers are able to help me I would be very grateful.
Thanks,
Mamawings

MrKleen

Reaction score
MrKlean,
Thank you. Unfortunately I managed to brick my phone during the radio flashing process. I did however, also get it back to its stock state, and then re-root. I have yet to flash a new ROM b/c I'm a little bit intimidated. Perhaps you can help me,
I am looking for a custom ROM that will: speed up my phone,help conserve battery, give lots of cool themes/layout,and NOT need a new radio (or a ROM that comes w/ step by step radio flashing instructions; I am a bit intimidated by flashing a new radio to my phone b/c my first attempt was a failure)

My current radio is: 1.16.00.0402w_1
I have titanium back up pro and ROM manager premium installed.

If you or any forum readers are able to help me I would be very grateful.
Thanks,
Mamawings

I sent you a private message, and yes I would be happy to help you out and get you where you want to be. If you are back up and running and are already rooted you have done the hardest part. Drop me another private message and we will get this moving along for you.