How to fix the bootloop on my PadFone?

radibg2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The new Padfone Infinity
Hi,
Yesterday I've installed Antutu on my Asus The new Padfone Infinity A86, started it and from then it wont load. Here is detailed explanation of the prolem:
The boot Asus logo shows, the other Asus logo shows then the ROM background(wallpaper) image shows and immediately restarts/my PC recognizes Padfone T004 MTP and immediately restarts. Here is what I have tried:
1. Factory reset and cache wiping.
2. Reinstall with firmware versions from 12.4.0.72 to 11.2.5.26, performing 1. for every of the versions(there are no custom ROMs for this device).
3. Installed TWRP and tried 1 and 2 again.
4. Formated the system, data, chache, dalvik cache and internal storage partitions.
5. Tried 1 and 2 again(Figured out that 12.4.*.* versions are just updates and continued trying with 11.2.5.26).
6. Removed the phone's battery for 10 minutes.
7. Reinstalled boot.img and recovery.img trough fastboot.
8. Created system.img from the system folder in firmware version 11.2.5.26 and installed boot.img, recovery.img and system.img trough fastboot.

This problem occurred to me again a few months ago when I started Beach Buggy but cache wiping fixed the problem then, now I can't fix the problem. Do you have any idea how can I fix my PadFone?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum @radibg2 !
Have you tried returning your device to stock and then download/run Antutu? Once you've run it and gotten your results you can then uninstall it, re-root your device and carry on. There's no reason to keep the Antutu app on your device once you've gotten the results. Rooting your device won't necessarily change your base benchmark results, unless you've downloaded a custom rom, completely debloated your device or have made other adjustments to your system files. The problem isn't your Padfone per se', it's the app/apps not being compatible with your rooted device for some reason.

You can also try any number of similar benchmark apps, if you didn't want to return to stock. Good luck & let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n

OP
R

radibg2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The new Padfone Infinity
As i said i've tried to reinstall it many times, even reinstalled the recovery but the phone boots to this position and restarts. And also there are no custom roms for my device, i am trying this with official ROMs.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I get that, but have you returned your device to stock? You mentioned your device is rooted and that may be causing the problem. Return your device to stock and then try it.
OR, you can try a different benchmark app, if you didn't want to go through the hassle of returning your device to stock. In any case, it appears that the Antutu app for some reason isn't compatible with your rooted Padfone, so these are your only options at the moment.

S5 tap'n

OP
R

radibg2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The new Padfone Infinity
I don't thing you get what formatted the system and data partitions means. This means everything from the system and the data on the phone is deleted. I've installed a new firmware downloaded from Asus's site. And again the phone wont boot into the OS right after the installation it gets to the point that i said in the first post. And with and without root the phone won't load the system(Android).

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
My bad. From your original post, I thought you were having problems with Antutu, not the OS itself. Sorry for the confusion.

S5 tap'n