How to download the dlna app

martinpena650

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to reinstall the dlna app that was there before?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

D

dankarlinski

i dont think there is a download for it as it is semi hardware based. i think youll need to get a firmware or backup image and pull the apk from it.

Reaction score
My idea: make a backup of what you have now, flash a PREVIOUS backup that has dlna still on it or do an sbf so you get it back, use titanium backup to backup dlna, then flash the backup you just made and use titanium to restore dlna.

D

dankarlinski

My idea: make a backup of what you have now, flash a PREVIOUS backup that has dlna still on it or do an sbf so you get it back, use titanium backup to backup dlna, then flash the backup you just made and use titanium to restore dlna.

yeah. that or pulling the apk from a nandroid are really your only 2 options.

OP
martinpena650

martinpena650

Reaction score
I went back to my orginal blur rom that I had and did a backup of DLNA. Then I came back to gummyjar to install it but the app was not a .apk but .tar.gz. I tried changing the file name to .apk.gz but was unable. Then I went to clockwork recovery and tried installing it from there but there was no file available.

I just want to stream media from my phone onto my PS3 and I was impressed when I first got my droid 2 as my replacement phone and could things like that.

Are there any other ways

Reaction score
that extension is a titanium backup file, you should be able to restore it from titanium backup, it should be in strikethrough text at the bottom of your list, just click it and install/restore it

also, you can download SwiFTP and set your droid up as a network device, just google a tutorial for it, I stream vids from my d2 to my ps3 and xbox360 and WD Live Plus

OP
martinpena650

martinpena650

Reaction score
I already tried that when I restored gummyjar but i only see the remove option. Im gonna try to find other ways to have DLNA back but I will look into swiFTP

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I downloaded swiFTP, but I haven't had the opportunity to find a tutorial on how to use it yet. I'd like to stream to my xbox. Can I stream stuff from websites to my xbox, or does it have to be videos on my sd card?

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I can't find a tutorial on swiFTP so I'm going to try twonky.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I tried imedia and the previous mention app. They both work, but they are not very reliable. The music will stop midsong. So I'm guessing my comcast wifi just sucks.

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
I use twonky from the market and it works perfectly.