How to delete Liberty v2.0.1

pamyjoearl

Reaction score
I have a Droid X with Liberty v2.0.1 and Android 2.2.1 I would like to update the Android, but apparently can't because of Liberty. How do I either delete Liberty or update Android without deleting Liberty? Any help will be appreciated.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid forums. We are happy to have you with us!

There are a couple things you could do but they involve a computer and a bit of work on your part. I will mention that once you update to the latest it is difficult to get root access back, it is possible but would involve even more work for you. So I guess it depends on what you want to get out of the update.

OP
P

pamyjoearl

Reaction score
I was told that I the reason some of the apps that I would like to download are not available is because of the android version I have. So the reason I wants to upgrade is so I can have those apps. If this isn't true, then I would like to know how to get the apps.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well without knowing which apps they are I am not sure. If you let me know I can look into it but I am assuming you mean they do not show up in the market for you. Definitely need some more info to know how to try and help you out.

OP
P

pamyjoearl

Reaction score
Netflix, Hulu, You Version Bible are just several of the apps that don't show up in the martket. I have a few more that I have looked for but didn't show up either, but I don't remember them. Again, any help is appreciated.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry to say but I am not sure why they are not showing up for you. I just did a market search and both Netflix and Hulu showed up as compatible with the Droid X. Maybe try clearing data on the market and trying again. Also, you could try searching them on your PC and attempt to download them that way.

OP
P

pamyjoearl

Reaction score
Can you tell me how to clear data on the market? I'm really a newbie at some of this smart phone stuff :)
thanks for al your help.

clarkstrange

Reaction score
Im on Liberty and I have the Bible app. But I also had it before I flashed Liberty and just redownloaded it. Just type in Bible in play store and it's the first choice. Hope you can find it.

Also, if you go into play store and click your menu hard button and select my apps, it'll bring up all the apps you have downloaded, and if you had the apps before flashing liberty, they should be there and then just re-download it

sent from a Liberated Droid X

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Can you tell me how to clear data on the market? I'm really a newbie at some of this smart phone stuff :)
thanks for al your help.

You can try what clark mentioned below. But to clear data on market go into Settings > Apps > Manage Apps > Downloaded > and then when in there look for either Play store or Market and click on it. After that you should see the option to clear data.

OP
P

pamyjoearl

Reaction score
I looked under download play store and Market were not under download tab, however Martket was under the all tab & I did clear it. The apps I listed before still do not show up under my Market so in an attempt to find a way around this problem I went to my phone's browser to play.google market and found the app. When I told it to install it said "the app is not compatible with my phone". I'm sure this is a Liberty based problem. One of the options under clockework, when I reboot my phone is "wipe data/factory reset". What would happen if I chose that option? Would it put the phone back to an Android operating system?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry I was in a hurry when I posted that. It should be under the "all" tab and not the downloads one. And if you chose that option in clockwork it will wipe liberty 2.0.1 clean, not set it back to the way you bought it.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_Beta-5

clarkstrange

Reaction score
If you adjusted your LCD density any, it'll give you problems downloading apps. It happened to me before

sent from a Liberated Droid X