How to delete emails from Droid but leave them on Gmail cloud

texastreat

Reaction score
I'm a newbie coming from a BB Storm. I get a lot of email daily to my gmail account. I want to be able to delete the email on my Droid but not have it delete it from my cloud account. I don't need to see/scroll through the same msgs over and over on my Droid but if I delete them they disappear from my actual Gmail account and I want to stop that feature. This scenario was possible on my BB. What is the fix? Also I have noticed that my Droid is not auto checking my email and I have to manually pull. Is there a setting to change it to auto pull email? How often will it pull email to the Droid? Thanks

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well you can disable sync to stop push notifications...as for your delete emails on the Droid issue not sure about that.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try using the K-9 email client app rather than the gmail app. It will allow you to read your "pushed" gmail but enables the options to (a) mark the email you read on your Droid as "read" on the gmail server; (b) delete it from the server; or (c) do nothing.

Just download K-9 from the Market and point it at your gmail account.

OP
T

texastreat

Reaction score
Thanks! One more question

K-9 Is perfect! On my BB I could set a ringtone for an incoming call from a particular person and then I could set a ringtone for an incoming message from that same person. In other words, I only want to be notified if a particular person sends me an email or SMS. Is that possible with K-9? or Some other program?

Thanks!

WHJake

Reaction score
K-9 Is perfect! On my BB I could set a ringtone for an incoming call from a particular person and then I could set a ringtone for an incoming message from that same person. In other words, I only want to be notified if a particular person sends me an email or SMS. Is that possible with K-9? or Some other program?

Thanks!
I believe that if you archive an email, it will disapper from your mobile, but still be available in the cloud when you choose the "all mail" folder. The secondary advantage is that when it shows uo in "all mail" you know you've read it on your mobile.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
I believe that if you archive an email, it will disapper from your mobile, but still be available in the cloud when you choose the "all mail" folder. The secondary advantage is that when it shows uo in "all mail" you know you've read it on your mobile.

This is the way I would do it. There is no real need for an app for this situation.

Joker

Reaction score

This works great for me as well. Also I use labels to file certain emails away. Keep things nice and organized as well.