How to copy from a email???

cms_

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm trying to get used to this new phone (Droid X). One of the most aggravating things for me is the copy and paste. I get emails all of time for work that I need to be able to copy and paste out of. Right I can't copy and paste out of a email or a text.

Also, on my blackberry tour it had a spellcheck while texting and emailing. I've tried downloading some app. for spellchecking but they don't work in text or emails.

Can someone help a brother out??

Thanks in advance!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm trying to get used to this new phone (Droid X). One of the most aggravating things for me is the copy and paste. I get emails all of time for work that I need to be able to copy and paste out of. Right I can't copy and paste out of a email or a text.

Also, on my blackberry tour it had a spellcheck while texting and emailing. I've tried downloading some app. for spellchecking but they don't work in text or emails.

Can someone help a brother out??

Thanks in advance!
This hasn't been brought up for quite a while. See one of the advantages of having a physical keyboard is it allows you to do this easier then without one.

I seem to remember something about an app, but you know there are thousands of them so you may want to search the Market.

Now your spelling issue. I don't understand that. The X has a window underneath your typing that gives word suggestions. If the spelling isn't in the dictionary it remains black. In your settings go to Language and keyboard settings and device keyboard. Check all 3.

OP
C

cms_

Reaction score
Thanks on the spellcheck. I was using the swipe. I switched it back and saw what you are talking about.

Does no one know anything about copying and pasting from a email?

Thanks

timrock

Reaction score
Thanks on the spellcheck. I was using the swipe. I switched it back and saw what you are talking about.

Thanks

within the email (this works for other things as well), click the menu button, the click more, and select text. drag your finger over whatever it is that you want to copy, and it will be copied. to paste, just go the field in which you want to paste, press down and a menu will pop up. choose Paste.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Pretty sure that when you use that method you need to choose paste from clipboard. The paste only works when you select from an editable text field.

Selecting from non-editable text is tricky. Instead of the nice orange highlight with the little resize handles all you get is a pink highlight that finishes the selection as soon as you lift your finger.

Best bet is to select more than you want and delete the excess after you paste it.

timrock

Reaction score
Pretty sure that when you use that method you need to choose paste from clipboard. The paste only works when you select from an editable text field.

Selecting from non-editable text is tricky. Instead of the nice orange highlight with the little resize handles all you get is a pink highlight that finishes the selection as soon as you lift your finger.

Best bet is to select more than you want and delete the excess after you paste it.

correct. i've grown to love the resize handles.

Luv2Laff

Reaction score

Thanks

within the email (this works for other things as well), click the menu button, the click more, and select text. drag your finger over whatever it is that you want to copy, and it will be copied. to paste, just go the field in which you want to paste, press down and a menu will pop up. choose Paste.

That did not work for me! I have droid x and don't her that option when I am in an email and click the menu. Any ideas for me?????