How To Convert Your Micro Sim To A Nano Sim

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you just received your Nexus 6 from Motorola you probably also just realized that it actually takes a nano sim card. If you are using a Note 4 or Galaxy S5 or any other device that uses a micro card you will need to either go to the Verizon store to get a nano sim from them, or you can actually cut your current sim card as shown in the video above!

mach330

Reaction score
That sux. Didn't realize my note 4 is micro. Was planning on swapping back and forth from note 4 to nexus 6.

Tap'd via Note 4...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Order a sim adapter from eBay. You can swap back and forth then easily.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Why can't you just buy a new sim from your carrier? Most phones come with new sim cards in the box unless its an international version.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
:shrug: Verizon insists on giving me a new SIM card with every new phone anyways, it's happened with my last 3

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well he wants to swap the phones with the same sim ...

It's what I have to do with my phones. The adapters work great. I use a small piece of Scotch tape when using the adapter because it can be a pain if the nano decides to slip out of the tray inside of the phone.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will have to remember the tape trick, i never even thought about it possibly slipping out of the tray

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I will have to remember the tape trick, i never even thought about it possibly slipping out of the tray

It becomes quite the pain when it happens. One application of the Scotch tape lasts the life of the phone for me with all of the switching I do. I ended up using one of those tiny cases that the microSDcards come in to store my sim adapter in so debris doesn't make me have to switch out the tape.