how to connect your droid to the internet using your computers wired connection

apathy13b

Reaction score
im currently deployed to afghanistan, so im out of the service area, my computer has internet, and ive tried setting up a wireless network with the internet sharing option, but my droid doesnt see my computer, ive tried using connectify, and it sees it, but it always just says obtaining address...unsuccessful. is there anyway to "reverse" tether my phone, or something that im not seeing here. by the way, i have the droid 1 with version 2.1 (since i havent been able to update it yet), also it hasnt been rooted either, do i need to?

cpjr

Reaction score
Its not the computer your Droid needs to see, you need to have a wireless internet connection (WIFI) available. Which would be coming from a router, not the computer.

PS- This is totally in the wrong forum.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
We'll need some more info, specifically, what OS you're using, and what sort of goals you have in mind.

Basically, as stated previously, you'll be bridging your land-line network connection with your wireless network card, and broadcasting a WiFi signal, just as a home router would.

If you can let us know what OS you're using, we can get you better instructions.

Jameshow

Reaction score
As per my thinking the if anyone want to connect the android phones to use the internet connection you need this instruments. First one is the PC and Android phones, secondly to connect both of this you need USB cable, and the third and most important is the app on your phone and Pda net on PC. This are the basic things from me to connect droid with PC to enjoyed the internet connection.