How to configure Galaxy SIII with Android 4.1.2 to Netgear Router B90

tucsonsean

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to how to configure this Galaxy SIII on Android 4.1.2 to a Netgear Router model B90..?

I have been looking at numerous forums and can't quite figure out what to do.

In WiFi: it says "authenticating"...then says "saved,secured"...then goes back to "authenticating"

I read somewhere that NetGear and SIII don't work to great together...but i know there has to be some way to get this connected

Any ideas, would be greatly appreciated!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a link below with tips for connecting to WiFi. First, restart your router, second, tap on the connection and tell it forget, then try again. If you get the same result it could be the type of security or a mistyped password. The tips may help if those suggestions don't work.

cowboys

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to how to configure this Galaxy SIII on Android 4.1.2 to a Netgear Router model B90..?

I have been looking at numerous forums and can't quite figure out what to do.

In WiFi: it says "authenticating"...then says "saved,secured"...then goes back to "authenticating"

I read somewhere that NetGear and SIII don't work to great together...but i know there has to be some way to get this connected

Any ideas, would be greatly appreciated!

from your browser enter 192.168.1.254 to bring up your router info, find the tab " wireless setup", enter your device access code (not wifi pw),
find "Security" dropbox change to "WPA-PSK(TKIP)" then SAVE,
from your phone now you can enter your wifi pw.... it should work now

wcjeep

Reaction score
The S3 does not appreciate WEP. As mentioned, WPA-TKIP works great.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Did you get it resolved?