How To Change The Type Of Vibrate on Txt

olletsocmit

Reaction score
I have a question. my cell is on vibrate 99% of them time. i have my gmail set to vibrate 2 times when i get an email. but the problem is that when i get a txt it also vibrates 2 times. i want to be able to tell if its a txt or an email. is there ne way to have it vibrate say 3 times when i get a txt or set a differnet vibrate pattern for my txt?

please help.

OP
O

olletsocmit

Reaction score
Thanks. I am using the smart vibrate program now. But now they both vibrate. How do I disable the default txt message vibrate

mjs31

Reaction score
Thanks. I am using the smart vibrate program now. But now they both vibrate. How do I disable the default txt message vibrate

Disable from within the text message app itself. Are you using the stock one or a better one like handcent or chompsms? Either way...go into settings (or preferences etc..whatever they call it for that program), find notifications and disable it. Same thing if you decide to use K-9 email. You would need to disable gmail notification. Also, apps like handcent and chompsms have more options built in for vibrate, but apps like smart vibrate and others are pretty nice.

zero7starz

Reaction score
DL Handcent. Set notification vibration. Its handy, I like it. You can also make it blink a different color- which is my main indication to if its a voice mail, email, text, or something else.

OP
O

olletsocmit

Reaction score
Yea I have been using handcent since I got my cell never knew about the custom vibe patterns in there. It took some time to type out the vibe patgternt in numbers but its great.

Thanks a lot for your help guys. The droid community is amazing.

OP
O

olletsocmit

Reaction score
Here. Is the vibrate pattern I am using in handcent for incoming txt. Just thought I would share. Just paste into custom vib pattern

ilacatd

Reaction score
where is custom vib pattern?

Where can I enter a custom vibration pattern on the Droid? I looked all over the settings app and couldn't find it - thanks.