How to change default application?

truckbutt

Reaction score
I accidentally chose Quicksheet (part of Quickoffice) instead of Documents to Go as the default application for opening an Excel document. How do I undo that? I went into Applications and couln't find a way to do it. I couldn't find Quickoffice either.
Thanks in advance.

rhinoman585

Reaction score
go to the application in settings --> applications --> manage apps --> All --> then find the app you chose as default then clear cache/data

OP
T

truckbutt

Reaction score
go to the application in settings --> applications --> manage apps --> All --> then find the app you chose as default then clear cache/data
I would if I coukld find Quickoffice in my Applications. Any ideas?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you wait a minute for all of the names to adjust from package name to app name?

tappin and a talkin

rhinoman585

Reaction score
It should be there, in all apps, gotta scroll all the way down, its not sorted very well...if not then go to market, pull up the App, see if it says installed, if so, uninstall and re-install, if not, install.

OP
T

truckbutt

Reaction score
It should be there, in all apps, gotta scroll all the way down, its not sorted very well...if not then go to market, pull up the App, see if it says installed, if so, uninstall and re-install, if not, install.
It's not in my Apps. In the Marketplace it costs $10 to buy the whole package. It appears that only this quick viewer part came installed on my droid. I can't find anyway to find the application or change its settings. If you try to open an Excel document you are offered it as a choice until you select it as the preferred action. Then it just takes over anytime you want to view an Excel document. This pisses me off.

OP
T

truckbutt

Reaction score
I was looking around in the Applications section. Even though QuickOffice isn't in my list of Applications, I found it in the section of applications that are running! I stopped it from running and that removed it as the default application. Now, how is it that it doesn't show up in my applications?