How to cancel Emergency Alert text messages

SUNNYSMOOTHE

Reaction score
I was at Big Bear a couple weeks back and the alert came on every hour for a flash flood warning. I turned it on vibrate and the alert still kept blaring so I ended up turned off my phone.

Does anyone know how?

Never mind I found it

Go to Menu -- Settings -- Sound -- Emergency Tone. Touch off for no tone.

Chevy55

Reaction score
I was at Big Bear a couple weeks back and the alert came on every hour for a flash flood warning. I turned it on vibrate and the alert still kept blaring so I ended up turned off my phone.

Does anyone know how?

Never mind I found it

Go to Menu -- Settings -- Sound -- Emergency Tone. Touch off for no tone.

I have the incredible 2. I turned the emergency sound off and it still does it. I can't get it to stop.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
For the S3, you can also choose which emergency alerts to receive (aside from Presidential Alerts, which cannot be turned off), change the tone, and modify reminders under Messaging -> Menu -> Settings -> and scroll down to the bottom to the Emergency Message Settings section.

JayAaroBe

Reaction score
Bump to original question. How do you turn it off for the DROID BIONIC???

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Bump to original question. How do you turn it off for the DROID BIONIC???

If I remember correctly, it's done through either the Emergency Alerts app or in the settings of the messaging app. You'll probably get a faster, more accurate response if you ask in the Bionic forum. :)

Reaction score
I live in NJ and in the past week I've received a number of alerts for the Mountain time zone. Makes no sense but I don't want to turn off notifications just in case.

The perils of false positives...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2