How to Batch Delete Emails

P3Droid

Reaction score
okay this has been bothering me so I played with the phone and figured it out.

you must touch the grayed out check box on the left of the message..Touch all that you want to delete and you will see a menu at the bottom that asks to mark read, add star, delete. Select Delete and all marked messages will be deleted.

wala.

If this has been posted plz combine or delete.

omnibus

Reaction score
Yeah, works the same way. Your fingers get numb the first time depending on how much is stored on the server:icon_eek:

mact

Reaction score
after deleting them from your inbox, you will get to use the same tap dance to empty the trash bin. <grrr>

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Took me a while to figure this out over the weekend, but was so happy when I did. Thanks for posting because I can see that others had the issue as well.

1stdroid

Reaction score
Wow, does that suck or what. I mean, seriously? You have to "tap" the screen 200+ times to clean out the trash bin?

Clearly, there must be an option for "empty trash" or something similar.

If not, this really needs to be added. I just checked my trash and it is huge. After tapping my brains out to toss delete the messages I have to tap them again to truly get rid of them?

This is almost as bad as the double taxation where I have to pay fed taxes on funds used to pay property taxes and mortgage insurance.

PLEASE!!

1stdroid

Reaction score
Wow, this really stinks. Seriously? The final answer is tap every single message....twice if you want it out of the trash folder?

C'mon guys, it's all ball bearings....

Cabbie

Reaction score
okay this has been bothering me so I played with the phone and figured it out.

you must touch the grayed out check box on the left of the message..Touch all that you want to delete and you will see a menu at the bottom that asks to mark read, add star, delete. Select Delete and all marked messages will be deleted.

wala.

If this has been posted plz combine or delete.
This is the best thing I have read all day.... This had been annoying me since day 1, thank for posting.

Norbaracer13

Reaction score
lol im sorry but this isnt the post i thought it would be.

how about finding a way to delete all the inbox by pushing select all or something??

i hate the fact that you have to check all the boxes then hit delete, i also thought everyone knew this?

lavrunin

Reaction score
Deletion of Email

I had this same issue and discovered that if you view your Emails and then don't select any Emails but just do a delete you will have delete(0). If you then press menu again you have a choice of SELECT ALL and then you can hit delete and get rid of all. I have an EVO but my guess is it should work on any Droid.