How to Batch Delete Emails

rdburke

Reaction score
Wow, does that suck or what. I mean, seriously? You have to "tap" the screen 200+ times to clean out the trash bin?

Clearly, there must be an option for "empty trash" or something similar.

If not, this really needs to be added. I just checked my trash and it is huge. After tapping my brains out to toss delete the messages I have to tap them again to truly get rid of them?

This is almost as bad as the double taxation where I have to pay fed taxes on funds used to pay property taxes and mortgage insurance.

PLEASE!!

There is a "DESELECT ALL" but not a "SELECT ALL", that would be a great feature for them to add. Like you say, it is so monotonous to have to tap each email to select it just to archive or delete.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Well the problem I'm running into is that when I select a lot of emails some time the program freezes and has to be force closed and if it doesn't only the messages that are with in the screen get deleted cause I can scroll up and all the emails above it are still there just the ones that were with in the screen were deleted and I have over 1500 emails in my trash folder.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know what app this thread is about. Gmail? Email?

Anyway, use k9.

The stock email app has some serious bugs.

rpullins

Reaction score
So...

Are we saying that in fact there is no way to select more than one email at a time and then deleting them together?