How stupid would I be...

Zregnier

Reaction score
How stupid would I be to get the Bionic on the 8th when my NE2 is the 16th? I already asked VZW if I could get my NE2 bumped up a week but they said no. It will cost me $50, but I won't have to risk it being sold out.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Honestly I would wait. 50 bucks is 50 bucks. You've waited this long, what's a lil more time, even if it does sale out. Maybe Amazon or one of those other retailers will have a great deal on it and you can take advantage of that if you just really don't feel like waiting for your NE2.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

yiannis

Reaction score
It depends on how important 50 dollars is to you, but it won't sell out in my opinion.

OP
Zregnier

Zregnier

Reaction score
Decided I'm waiting, but boy will I be mad if it sells out and is backordered for 4 weeks.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Let's keep it civil ok guys, this is a family friendly forum. Name calling and such doesn't accomplish anything.

Renae

Reaction score
I probably wouldn't wait cause I'm impatient. Once I have it in my mind that I need something and I've done all of research, I have to get it. Of course that's only if you can afford out without the ne2.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tcayton49

Reaction score
How stupid would I be to get the Bionic on the 8th when my NE2 is the 16th? I already asked VZW if I could get my NE2 bumped up a week but they said no. It will cost me $50, but I won't have to risk it being sold out.

Who told you no? If it was online, try a store(speak with a manager) if it was a store, try online or a different store(again speak with a manager) Sometimes you just have to play a stupid little game with them. I find it hard to believe that nobody will give you the upgrade 8 days early. Just make sure if you speak to someone in a store that it is a manager. The sales reps wont be able to help you.

wmdrummond

Reaction score
When dealing with most retail clerks the deal is if one tells you "no" find another and ask again. If that one tells you "no" drive to the next VZW corporate store and ask them. I tend to call the store and ask for the manager and let them know what I am coming down to get and to please have it ready when I get there. I don't show up in 10 minutes, I wait until later the same day so that they can still handle those that go into the store. It just saves me all of the wait time. Not to mention that the battery is fully charged when I arrive. When I have asked the others working in the store if doing it that way helps or hurts, they tell me that they wish more people would do it. They don't have to spend a lot of time answering questions before they make the sale... the sale is made before the customer (me) walks through the door. Of course, your local VZW store may think differently.

idefiler6

Reaction score
Who told you no? If it was online, try a store(speak with a manager) if it was a store, try online or a different store(again speak with a manager) Sometimes you just have to play a stupid little game with them. I find it hard to believe that nobody will give you the upgrade 8 days early. Just make sure if you speak to someone in a store that it is a manager. The sales reps wont be able to help you.

Pretty sure there's nothing you can do about it. The only thing I've been able to do by being friends with managers/owners is get free phones but nothing that changes the dates in the contract.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
The Bionic won't be selling out. Verizon isn't taking pre-orders (not officially anyways), so that likely indicates there will be plenty of stock to deal with demand.

Either that, or Verizon really doesn't care much about the Bionic, which would explain why we're hearing so little about it. I'm hearing WAY more about other phones than I am about the Bionic.

:blink: