How move information from one sd card to another

hurrieup

Reaction score
My previous phone was a bb storm. I had all my photos and music on that 8gb sd card.... ive been using this sd card but cant figure out how to get everything over to the 16g sd card that came with the phone...has anyone ran into this situation and if so what was the remedy?

scubieman

Reaction score
The easiest I would say is if you still have BB storm to put that in mass storage mode and put droid in mass storage mode and copy and paste files over.

Or turn off phone put old card in. boot droid put in mass storage mode. Transfer to computer then put new card in then transfer from computer to phone.

3rd and final option is if you have a SD card adapter to plug sd card right into computer then it will start as usb mass storage then put phone in mass storage and copy and paste.

Besides that with 8 gb to transfer now going to be the easiest.

lamarrk

Reaction score
Just copy the contents of the 8 gb card to a folder on your hard drive.
Connect the 16 gb card to the computer and copy from the hard drive to the card.
Copy the music to the "Music" folder. Copy the pictures to the "dcim/Camera" folder.

If you don't have a microSD to SD adapter, get one. It makes moving files very easy.

OP
H

hurrieup

Reaction score
Ok i grabbed an adapter today...gonna sit down and see if i can hammer this out...thanks for the helpful info...ill post later with my results